Highlighted

Dell Venue 8 pro 3845 battery, touch screen, speaker error

Hi all,

I picked up my venue pro 3845 for the first time in about a year and found that it needed quite a few Windows updates (It came with windows 8, but is now running 10).

After struggling to get through the various updates without failing, Windows Update now thinks everything is up-to-date, but important things are broken. The touch screen does not work (so I am currently controlling it with an external keyboard/track pad), the speakers are not found, and the battery is not shown at all.

I have restarted it several times to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling the battery/touch screen drivers (and letting windows re-install them). None of this has helped. I'm not sure if the touch screen is even found. The only drivers under "Human Interface Devices" are "HID-compliant consumer control device", "HID-compliant system controller", "USB input device", and "USB input device". One of those may be my keyboard/track pad.

The only driver listed under battery is "Microsoft AC adapter"

Thank you for any help or suggestions. It isn't super important that I get this to work, but it would be nice if I could actually use this as a tablet someday instead of a brick.

-Taylor

0 Kudos