Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2016 07:00

Dell Venue Pro 11 Memory Questions

First, I know that you cannot upgrade the 4 GB of RAM that's soldered onto the motherboard.  (I supposed it's physically possible, but extremely dangerous and definitely warranty killing.)  I also seem to remember that Windows can use other memory (USB sticks, etc.) to increase the amount of available RAM, although at probable decreased speed.

So, here's the question.  There are two obvious sources of additional memory inside the box.  (USB sticks are external and subject to damage so they're not in the box.)  First, there's the SSD, which can be upgraded up to 512 GB.  Second, there's the microSD slot.  Can either of these increase the available RAM (through virtual technology)?  If so, are there any setting changes that need to be made to Windows 10 Pro to access either device?  (The SSD should be significantly faster than spinning metal, so the virtual memory speed slowdown should be reduced.)

Second, when I looked at the Dell specs page on the site, it didn't go into detail about the type of microSD card it can read.  There are several possible formats for the microSD card and the cards are available in a variety of sizes, including a terabyte or two.  So, what formats of microSD card does it read, microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC?  And is there a maximum size card that can be used?

July 8th, 2016 22:00

i'd be very interested to know the answers to this question as well.

No Events found!