Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2014 05:00

Dell Venue Pro 7130 vPro i5 4300Y 8/256 Windows only works on AC

Hi I've upgraded the firmware on my Venue 11 to a13 and I've just noticed that when I unplug it from the mains it freezes, I usually run it on the dock so I hadn't noticed earlier.

When it freezes the only thing I can do is press the power button and the screen will go off. If I wait a couple of seconds and press the power button again, the system vibrates and then I can get to the log on screen (it doesn't ask for the bios password so it wasn't properly asleep), then I can use it for about 30 seconds before it freezes again (logged in or not). If I plug the mains in while the screen is blank, the system works as expected, until I unplug it again.

9 Posts

September 27th, 2014 11:00

Here's a tip that worked for me that I posted a couple of weeks back after doing the exact same troubleshooting: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19600092

September 23rd, 2014 11:00

Hi

I had a similiar problem with my German Venue 11 pro (from one day to the other day; freezes after 3 seconds after unplugging from ACC) and asked the German forum for help.

The suggestion was to do a complete reset of the VENUE and a re-install of all (!) DELL drivers and Windwos, in particular and especially the DELL SSD drivers.

And: It worked, after this reinstallation of everything all is fine - but it was a lot of work.

So it might be an idea, to try just the new SSD drivers first, which seems to be troublesome in this context.

And the suggestion for the complete re-install was, after reseting the Venue, first to install all DELL drivers and only then install all the Windows updates.

Best regards

Robert

9 Posts

September 24th, 2014 06:00

Thanks for your suggestion Robert.

I had done a complete refresh, but I gave it another go as last time I did MS updates first, to no avail.

On the plus side I can now leave it in the dock without it dying, but I think I'd quite like to have a tablet that doesn't need to be tethered to the mains...

Maybe over the weekend I'll have another crack, kicking myself as a12 was working pretty well...

9 Posts

September 24th, 2014 13:00

Fingers crossed, it's resolved, I'd downloaded and run the Intel Chipset Device Software Driver, but it didn't seem to do much, the new Command Update reapplied it and so far so good

9 Posts

September 24th, 2014 14:00

Spoke too soon, an hour or so later and the locking up returned, have had to plug the system back in to the mains

9 Posts

September 27th, 2014 13:00

Cheers Sollapse, just the the ticket ;-)

No Events found!