Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2014 08:00

Dell Venue Pro 8.1 won't let me sign in after Dell Updates

Hello,

There was 2 Dell updates yesterday and after the updates it said to restart my computer when it came back on it said that it was not turn off properly so then it said that I needed a recovery key. I was able to find the recovery key online and I enter the key and when it rebooted I can see the Dell sign and the circle but then it goes to the page before I can sign in and it doesn't go anywhere. On this page there is the network square with a x in it but there is no battery sign I can also see the time. Anyway I was able to get into  page where I could do the pre test but everything pass then I was able to get into the bios page but I didn't know what to do there. I just don't know where to go from here. If there is anyone out there that can help please response to this post. Thank you so much

214 Posts

January 25th, 2014 09:00

24/7 — 800 308-3355

15 Posts

January 25th, 2014 11:00

Thank you that was my next step.

214 Posts

January 25th, 2014 13:00

Right — altho I wasn't trying to be a smart a** (I always type that # one-handed when I re-post it — so I can keep my fingers crossed on the other. Dell Mobility Support is still "ramping-up".)

So, good luck, & please return with update on your adventure! 

15 Posts

January 25th, 2014 16:00

I didn't take your answer like that I was just happy that someone response to my post. I did call them and they tried to troubleshoot it but to no avail so I will be sending my dell to them to try and fix it. The guy that I got was very helpful and he asked a lot of questions and was surprise what I had already done to try and fix it. I suppose to get a box on Monday and then I will send it back to them. My dell is only 2 months old. It took me a long time to pick the right tablet and I truly hope that I made the right decision. This is the second time that I had to post something about my tablet.  Again thanks for responding to quickly.

214 Posts

January 25th, 2014 17:00

Based on the symptoms you described, I was concerned that you could get pulled-into trying lots of well-intended suggestions, and still wind-up needing to call tech support, anyway; that's why I "fast-forwarded" to posting the 'phone #...

On that subject, a return-to-depot repair will be expensive for Dell & way-inconvenient for you, so I hope your tech reviewed the case with his supervisor, before deciding on mail-in as the only option (¿?) If not, consider calling-back, and ask to speak with a "floor supervisor" or a "senior tech" before shipping your Venue. Dell's 1st level techs strongly resist escalating their calls — even when they are blatantly clueless. (I suspect they get sent-to-bed without supper if they do that more-than once a day.) If you do choose to call back, try to make it at a different time of day from your 1st call, so you're less-likely to encounter the same tech...

Sorry to learn of your troubles. Please return to update your post with how it turns-out.  Good luck!

15 Posts

February 1st, 2014 12:00

OK I'm back with a update. I did send my tablet in to get fix and what they came up with is this "MF47K-Display. On the letter that they sent it said that they repaired the LCD Panel and Windows Software. All is working fine for now. The tech will call me back today to see if I want to close the service tag. They were all very nice and it came back quick. I receive the box on the 28th of Jan and return the tablet that day and got my tablet back on the 31st of Jan. Not bad at all. I just hope that this is the end of my problems because I really like my tablet and I don't want to give it up but if I have any more problems with it I will be sending it back. Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

No Events found!