Highlighted
Supermalt
1 Copper

Dell Venue Pro 8 Issue(s). 1) No Onscreen Keyboard AFTER Bitlocker Entry 2) I cannot back up my data to a USB drive without the tablet being connected to a power supply at the SAME time. But there is only ONE Micro USB port on the device.

Hello.

I have MULTIPLE problems; is there anyone that can help.

After a restart, I was presented with the 'bitlocker' entry page for the first time. On that page a on screen keyboard pops up and asks me to enter a million numbers. That's fine and I did that succesfully. However, after doing that and in order to login to my windows account, I need to enter my password - but NO onscreen keyboard pops up. I have a bluetooth wireless keyboard and a labtec micro usb keyboard but both of these do not work with this request.

After entering those million numbers into the bitlocker; the tablet unlocks itself then attempts a automatic repair - It then always FAILS to restart successfully. I am then given 3 onscreen options.

1) Continue 2) Troubleshoot 3) Turn off your PC.

If I choose TROUBLESHOOT, all 4 options (such as REFRESH YOUR PC) ask me to login to my account. I am unable to simply do that, as the onscreen keyboard is now FAILING TO SHOW.

Under the TROUBLESHOOT menu, there is the option for me to RESET MY PC, I do not wish to do this as there are important files which I need, and those files did not transfer to my skydrive.

Also, ALL the sub menu options under 'ADVANCED OPTIONS' require me to login to which I cannot do.

If I choose 'Continue and exit to Windows 8', the tablet restarts and I am presented with the bitlocker page again - the exact same thing happens as above. However....

..Rather than enter my bitlocker code, If I choose 'skip this drive' followed by > Advanced options > Advanced options (for a 2nd time) > System restore; it SEEMS like it will allow me to back up my files, before wiping the slate clean. However, I am quickly brought back to square one when the tablet gives me a impossible dilemma before backing up. It forces me to connect a AC Adapter to continue the process..

Eventually it will ask me to insert a usb stick into it, so it can record my data. However, I cannot back up my data to a USB stick whilst the tablet is connected to a power supply at the SAME time as there is only ONE Micro USB port on the device.

Can someone help me please? I would like any on the following to happen:

1) My data / files to be safely saved somewhere.

2) A way for me to enter my password and for me to log into windows.

3) A way for the tablet to restart / reboot without failing.

I thank you in advance - SORRY FOR THE LENGTH of this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
drahnier
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Venue Pro 8 Issue(s). 1) No Onscreen Keyboard AFTER Bitlocker Entry 2) I cannot back up my data to a USB drive without the tablet being connected to a power supply at the SAME time. But there is only ONE Micro USB port on the device.

A USB Keyboard/Mouse (or combo) should just work fine. You also might need a USB hub (either in combination with an OTG adapter or a smartphone/tablet compatible hub which provides a micro-USB plug). I personally successfully made use of the following equipment: ELECOM U2HS-MB02-4BBK smartphone/tablet USB hub, and a Logitech K400r wireless keyboard/mouse combo).

drahnier (Latitude 10, Venue 8 Pro 64GB, 2x Venue 8 Pro 32GB)

0 Kudos