Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2011 01:00

Dell Venue Pro Speaker Dead

My DVP now has no audio comin from the speakers.  Audio comes thru the phone speaker but when the call is also placed on speaker...nada. 

Ive even done a full reset and restored some media and still no audio.  No audible alerts, no alarm audio, no music/video audio.

9 Posts

April 23rd, 2011 23:00

SO today I called DELL to try and return my DVP that just keeps getting worse.  Loud speaker is now completely dead and Im missing all my calls and notifications.  Dell with their now famous wait time of a "minimum 30minutes to an hour just to speak with a rep for less than 2 minutes" said I cannot return the phone after 30days.  I got my phone early January and they told me to hold on to the phone til the fix comes out in mid February.  4months later since I got my phone; the phone freezes now even on an open network, continuously drops calls in my area (my Nokia NEVER dropped a call in my area), horrible bluetooth quality and loudspeaker quality and now dead loud speaker.  The Dell rep says she'll send me a new phone....I asked what if the same problem occurs ion the new one.  She said just keep exchanging them.  I absolutely regret my decision with this phone and with Dell.

13 Posts

May 2nd, 2011 18:00

my internal speaker (not the speaker phone speaker) will just stop working on me and i have to take the battery out before it works again. I talked to dell and they told me the same thing they told you about the 30 day thing and i too was holding on just for this update. Its there fault i kept the phone, promising me a update that didn't come out yet and now i'm past my 30 day return period. Dell is the worst.

4 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 10:00

My internal speaker died yesterday and I just called dell mobility support this morning. Got to a rep in less than 2 minutes and had a dispatch for a new unit done in 10 min...

I know tech support can be slow at times but with this Dell call I made this morning I am thoroughly impressed.

(or maybe they just had enough experience handing DVP issues that it's just faster that way? lol)

But yes regarding the speaker issue, I've had Tmobile tech support look at it and I've done the resets, etc. and it all points to a hardware problem (i.e. I'm on a call and if I turn on speaker phone I can hear; but if I turn it back to internal, I lose everything even though the person on the other line hears me fine).

2 Posts

August 5th, 2011 13:00

I have the same issue with 2 different devices.  My first DVP went back because the keyboard slider caused a phone reset, the second developed this speaker issue after 24hrs and so I called Dell to get a third new phone sent (they were backordered so that took 3 weeks).  In the meantime the 2nd phone speaker started working again (for no apparant reason) and when the brand new phone arrived the speaker on that failed within 2 hours of coming out of the box (so that one has now gone back too).  So I stuck with the second phone and of course, the speaker has now failed on that one again, so I'm back to square one.  It's an absolute joke.  And it's got nothing to do with the firmware patch Dell put out because I have taken that on both the 2nd and 3rd devices and makes no difference.  I also think that firmware patch made cell reception even worse.

I love the phone but these recurring hardware (or software or firmware or something) errors are driving me nuts.  Customer support in Asia somewhere have sent me some positively rude emails, it's wasted hours of my live and I honestly think Dell should be sending out comp 16GB memory upgrades or something to make up for it.

August 29th, 2011 08:00

I have had some similar experiences.  Sometimes the power button and volume buttons do not work.  I have discovered that if I will put my mouth over the switches and blow pressure into the switches then they start to work again.  I have tried using a can of compressed air, but it doesn't seem to work as well as just blowing into it (maybe it is the higher humidity ??).  Today my ringtones and music stopped coming out of the speaker.  i tried restarting but no success.  I tried uninstalling any new programs that used sound - no help.  Then, I got my can of compressed air and blew out the switches.  Not until I blew out the USB connection did the sound start working again.   I work mostly in an office.  The phone is kept in a clean, non-dusty, environment all the time.  At least I have found a way to keep the phone working.

28 Posts

November 20th, 2011 13:00

This worked for me on my wife's DVP. I have mine in a case and haven't had the problem but she thinks it's already too heavy and won't use a case.

9 Posts

November 21st, 2011 11:00

This is not a solution. I use a case as well and still had the problem. Clearly its a technical issue. My replacement DVP so far has not had the loudspeaker issue. Hopefully it never will. I hope Dell learns from this and not rush their next designs. They do have great phone designs.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2012 15:00

I recently purchased a dvp and was excitied but then i had the speaker problem and missed calls and such...this is definetly a physical phone problem....i  noticed my sound was intermittant then nothing untill i pressed on the screen then it would come on...or if i squeezed the sides....i opened the slider then i firmly closed it my speakers are working now....so there is something definitely internal going on and if the majority have this problem Dell should have done a recall to correct this problem.....hello? Dell ppl? are you reading this...you dont care do you dell ppl...because you are no longer mfg the dvp right? well my next phone is gonna be a nokia of some sort they have higher reviews and thats  not coming from trolls pretending to be consumers like us...lol

7 Posts

September 14th, 2012 19:00

My DVP just started having this external speaker problem, have had it 8 months with no issues and is kept in a hard otter case, no abuse just started out of the blue, not i am missing calls because of no sound coming from the speakers..unless i push on the back or sides then it will intermitted come on, I emailed dell support and am waiting to see what they say for repair as i still show having 65 days left on my warranty..I love my phone and have not had any other issues..so hopefully they will have a fix. will post back

1 Message

April 1st, 2013 19:00

worked for me... also banging it sharply on table worked too...  sounds crazy but worked...

No Events found!