Mister_C
1 Nickel

Re: Dell Venue Pro crashing

I'm just confused why Dell is mums on the progress of a resolution. They have acknowledged said issues and they even said a fix was in the works. How long before this fix is launched? A very simple question that requires no parsing. It's like the Venue Pro isn't even being supported anymore, what the hell is going on?

Not sure what carrier you're on, but I got mine when they were only a T-mobile offering. It seems that we were guinea pigs as I see now they also have an AT&T offering as well. I'm really not sure if those "newer" phones are working any better... Any input on that would be welcomed. Anyways, I agree with you completely that the phone has had issues from day 1 back in NOV/DEC 2010 and here we are June/2011 without a single attempt from Dell to correct even one issue. That's a fantastic way to instill customer confidence and loyalty...

0 Kudos
tblazers
1 Copper

When is there gonna be a fix???

i got 16gig 206 firmware, its basically unusable on wifi

0 Kudos
firaz
1 Copper

WMPU reviewed the beta of the new firmware, no ETA was given yet:

wmpoweruser.com/dell-venue-pro-users-new-fw-report

Huge Change – Wifi Works!

Better Signal – Yes

Yahoo Mail Bug – Solved

Camera Updates

0 Kudos
E-Ster
1 Nickel

OK - By way of a further update, just received my Venue Pro back, took a while! Nonetheless here's the result:

Absolutely Nothing, zero, I was just denied the 30 day return option because it's taken so long.

Oh I tell I lie, the missing warranty sticker over my SD card slot (from new this wasn't present) has been added and they downgraded the OS (see below).

So in short I lost access to my device since the end of May so they could completely overlook all the issues raise and take my £500 device from me to add a sticker. Details below on exactly what wasn't done, so I'm left entirely bemused about what they took it from me for and why make me run through this pointless exercise? I appreciate that there's a firmware fix purportedly on it's way but why take it from me if the intention was to do little or nothing?

Used to praise Dell having worked with their desktop/server/laptop devices for Government sector and had always been impressed with their kit and support, now feeling a fool for leaping in and buying this device for laptop money.

Now left pondering my options, will update once I've digested, gutted.

Issues raised:

Dust under capacitive screen - Nothing done, returned with screen as was no obvious effort made to remove/resolve.

WiFi consistently crashing device and requiring battery out - After loading all media on and all apps via wireless it was looking good but then boom, apps stopped responding and just returning to home screen, exactly as before.

SD card (Original factory) causing a reset of device and a message about it's failure - battery out clears for a few days - No errors from card so far.

Dell Venue Pro 16GB

OS: Came back without NODO version, in fact the OS version details were corrupt and reported gobblydygook characters - patched back up to 7.0.7392.0 via Zune

Firmware: 2250.1800.7355.210  as before sending back to Dell

Hardware revision: 112.576.2.0 as before sending back to Dell

Radio software: 2.2.50.18 as before sending back to Dell

Radio Hardware: 8250 as before sending back to Dell

Bootloader: 7.27.1.0 as before sending back to Dell

Chip SOC: 0.36.2.0 as before sending back to Dell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Mister_C
1 Nickel

Well, not that anyone should be holding their breath at this point, but there's a posting stating July 13 as the "target" date for the "new" magical firmware:

wmpoweruser.com/dell-venue-pro-update-schedule-confirme

0 Kudos
Ram Kumaran
1 Copper

My phone is pretty stable. I had only one issue, the Wi-Fi problem. I resolved it myself by switching my router's wifi settings. My router was using channel 12 for Wi-Fi, I changed it to channel 11 and now my phone detects my network (secured) and it connects without any problem.

My phone details :
Firmware Revision Number : 2250.1800.7355.210
Hardware Revision Number : 112.576.2.0
Bootloader version : 7.27.1.0
Chip SOC Version : 0.36.2.0
OS Version : 7.0.7392.0

0 Kudos
ChuckB75
1 Nickel

Wow... this is hopefully great news... bring on the magic. By magic, I mean making the phone work like it was supposed to since when I got it (over 6 months ago).

0 Kudos