Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2011 17:00

Dell Venue Pro: some keyboard buttons no longer work

Some of my Dell Venue Pro's hardware keys no longer work --  i, o, p, j, k, backspace.

The soft keys, of course, still function.  I even tried powering off and back on.  The affected keys still make a click.  Has anyone else come across this problem and been able to resolve it (without calling in for a replacement)?  I don't want to call Dell for a replacement just yet.  I'm afraid they will send me a refurbished model.  Also, my DVP was recently unlocked (by Dell) so I can use it to make calls and send text messages when I fly out of the country to visit family.  I'm afraid they won't let me unlock the replacement phone. 

2 Posts

September 15th, 2011 22:00

hi,

did you find the solution for the problem?

my y u h j b n and . are not working..and no one from dell replies.

Thank you,

Vatsal 

September 16th, 2011 14:00

You will probably laugh, but my power button sometimes does not work and if I put my mouth over it and blow rather hard around it, it starts working immediately.  i have had the same problem with the volume keys.  I bought a can of clean compressed gas to blow any dirt or lint out, but it did not work as well.  Maybe it is the higher humidity of my breath.  Crazy but it works for me.

1 Message

October 5th, 2011 11:00

funny I just started having the same problem, google it brought up this post blew it and now it worked like a charm. Was having a problem with the volume button keys as well. I guess dust is building up in there hmm....

1 Message

January 6th, 2012 17:00

Same Problem: no  i, o, p, j, k, backspace.  It quit working after I used the physical keyboard to type while the language was in greek.  

Did yours quit working after changing languages?

2 Posts

January 6th, 2012 20:00

Nope...I am using english from the first day..still not working..and even dell is not responding well..never buy a dell phone..this guys are not professional in making phone..and they hell not giving update of 7740 too..

27 Posts

January 7th, 2012 15:00

blowing works temporarily for me too on the volume button.  I don't thnk this is a dust issue, but perhaps a poor contacts defect.  The moisture in the breath seems to improve the conductivity such that the buttons work again till it dries up again.  then you're back to square 1.  

No Events found!