Tablets & Mobile Devices

Last reply by 07-19-2014 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell Venus 8 Pro 32gb

Was about to order one. But I read nothing about printing. I have an HP printer. Can they play together and, if so, what cables do I need?
Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
4 Tellurium

Essentially, it's like with any Windows PC: can print wirelessly if your printer supports that, or via USB, once you have a USB OTG (on-the-go) cable. The USB OTG cable is the cable you need for attaching wired peripherals to the DV8P (and, in my estimation as a result, should be included with the tablet purchase).

View solution in original post

Replies (10)
4 Tellurium

Essentially, it's like with any Windows PC: can print wirelessly if your printer supports that, or via USB, once you have a USB OTG (on-the-go) cable. The USB OTG cable is the cable you need for attaching wired peripherals to the DV8P (and, in my estimation as a result, should be included with the tablet purchase).
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thank you. I figured that but no one selling it describes a printing capability. Be smart to mention and link to the cable for free advertising.
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Micro USB OTG adapter? USB goes from printer to adapter to tablet? Male/female/gay?
4 Tellurium

Not really talked about because there's not much to say--the DV8P is a Windows 8 computer that just happens to be in a tablet form. If your laptop can do something, the DV8P likely can as well. USB OTG cables are all over the place. If you search on the term at Amazon.com, you can see a bunch of permutations. Dell also offers one, in the most prevalent form: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7223619. It's generally a pretty generic cable adapter.
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I found a similar one at Amazon for $1.12 and free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/CNE13028-Female-Micro-On-The-Go-Adapter/dp/B005GI2VMG/ref=sr_1_1_lp_prime?ie=U...

this is female-to-male. Will that work?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Oops not compatible but this is http://www.amazon.com/IVSO%C2%AEMicro-USB-Host-OTG-Cable/dp/B00GZNQ0R8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1404863035&sr=8-4&keywords=USB+Micro-B+to+USB+Device+OTG+Adapter+Cable+for+Dell I'll have it on Thursday. Thank you all!
4 Tellurium

Great! And the first should one you posted should have been fine as well--this is a generic sort of part. Regardless, you're all set! :emotion-1:
Not applicable

(SickSquirrel here. Can't find the login and sent for pass and this nick came up. My original signup nick which I thought was dead is resurrected. Prefer it dead). I bought IVSO®Micro USB Host OTG Cable - Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable For Dell Venue 7, Venue 8, Venue 8 Pro (Black) (For Dell Venue 7/ 8/ 8 pro, Black). NOT compatible as the ends are two different shapes. Please recommend another at Amazon which will fit. OTG _______ (.______ ) Dell opening. _______ |______| Edit: spacing prints badly but looks fine as I type. OTG gas rounded ends; Venue has square
4 Tellurium

Please refer to my response to your other thread inquiry (no need to double-post . . .).
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor