Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2013 22:00

Dell XPS 10 Tablet - Very poor battery life during sleep (standby)

I am curious if people are having this issue. My Dell XPS 10 battery life (not docked) is, in my opinion, very poor during sleep (standby). To test this out, I charge the tablet to 100% and let it idle with the screen off by pressing the power button. I check the battery percentage and record the date and time once every morning and before bed time. I have repeated this test twice.

The battery life while in standby, without any usage other than to check the percentage, went from 100% to 3% in roughly 2 days 17 hours. This is horrible compared to my friend's iPad 3. She kept in unplug and in standby with some usage and it lasted over a week. The XPS 10 is dead within 2 days 17 hours without any usage. So I am forced to plug the tablet in or shutdown, and shutdown is rather inconvenient since start-up isn't that fast.

I calculated the battery loses charge at rate of about -1.5% per hour. Does anyone have this issue? Is this normal? Can someone try this test? It's hard to believe the battery dies so quickly without even using at all.

43 Posts

October 19th, 2013 01:00

Try turning off ur WiFi and Bluetooth cuz dell xps 10 is always contacted to the Internet even when ur tab is off it'd fetching data, see what results u get with that I'm curious about this too.

No Events found!