Skyrida
2 Iron

RE: Dell XPS 10 with keyboard dock - battery management when in keyboard dock is flawed and counterintuitive

well I claim faluse advertising because directly from this link u can see that dell advertisies it as dock battery using first and now there denying to fix the issue and say it works as intened??

directly from dell

The XPS 10 tablet and the optional keyboard dock have separate individual batteries. 

• If the AC adapter is not connected when the tablet is docked, the keyboard dock battery will be used first. Once the keyboard dock battery is drained,the keyboard dock will no longer function. You may disconnect the tablet and use it separately using the tablet battery for power.
  • The keyboard dock battery will supply power to both the tablet and the keyboard dock. The tablet battery cannot supply power to the keyboard dock. 
  • If the tablet is docked, the taskbar icon will only show one battery icon even though both batteries are available (one in the tablet and one in the keyboard dock). Clicking on the battery icon in desktop mode will open the battery status detail window. This window shows the individual details for each battery. Battery #1 is the tablet battery. Battery #2 is the keyboard dock battery.

they even include a picture to show the real way it was supposed to be. and now its a lie and all I demand is a fix nothing more.

here is link if u guys wana check it out

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/kcsarticles/articleview?docid=585019

0 Kudos
Skyrida
2 Iron

RE: Dell XPS 10 with keyboard dock - battery management when in keyboard dock is flawed and counterintuitive

they cant claim it works as designed when its not. the picture above is directly from dell and shows how it supposed to work.. the link is there if its not working as its designed above why are they lieing. just fix a issue... simple?

0 Kudos

Is there a fix? Ore does dell not respond?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
KevinN206
1 Copper

Still no fix after a year. No response either. This leaves a pretty sour taste.
0 Kudos
JordanMills
2 Bronze

Still no fix after a year. No response either. This leaves a pretty sour taste.
Yeah, it really makes me question why I keep buying dell junk. This is really bad. The platform has tons of potential, but dell wants to sink it.
0 Kudos