Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2014 15:00

Dell...convince me why I should keep my Venue pro 11 with I5 processor...many issues...

I literally have had my tablet for about a week now and the unit will not power on unless I remove the battery and plug it back in. I have read the "Fixes" posted and none of them work. The touch screen is horrible and yes...I downloaded the recent firmware and you still have to touch 2-3 times before it will work. Dell...how come my $100.00 Garmin GPS with touch screen works flawlessly...wherever you touch, it recognizes. How come they can get it right?? I have called customer service and I am going to ship this one back and get a new unit...but believe me...I will not give the new unit much time before I get a refund. Does anybody on this forum have a working Venue pro 11?

7 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 09:00

I've had my i5 VP11 since the recent 30% off sale at the outlet.  Also bought an atom VP11 for the office.  I'm probably jinxing myself (here goes) but both work flawlessly.  No problems with anything.  Also, had two styluses - one was garbage.  The second works perfectly.  Certainly sounds like you have a bad unit.  Good luck with the second one!  

Out of curiosity, were you using a screen protector?  Lot of posts seem to suggest that screen protectors mess with touch sensitivity.  

4 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 22:00

No...I do not have a screen protector on.  I have calibrated...new firmware installed and the touch screen is sub par at best. You have to tap 2-3 times etc...Like I said, I have a 100.00 Garmin with a screen protector on and wherever you touch, it recognizes...never had any issue. I am shocked I have not received a response or comment from Dell on this post. I spent well over 1300.00 for this unit with I5 processor...built in 4G card..stylus etc. and at this point, I am extremely disappointed  in the Venue Pro 11. Dell...I hope you can get it right!!!!   

915 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 23:00

I am shocked I have not received a response or comment from Dell on this post. I spent well over 1300.00 for this unit with I5 processor...built in 4G card..stylus etc. and at this point, I am extremely disappointed  in the Venue Pro 11. Dell...I hope you can get it right!!!!   

I wish I was not so jaded with PC manufacturers and the deficient level of care to their customers, so as to be equally shocked. 

With a recent likewise expensive purchase of a new model laptop from one of the companies that started the PC revolution (whose name is comprised of two letters), I spent over 20 hours troubleshooting why the networking capacity kept on going out--I isolated the issue to the company's new software networking update, which I dutifully had applied as soon as I took the laptop out of the box; the update was defective.   At no point in my many phone calls to the company's Tech. Support engineers did any of the techs. get even close to what was truly going on, and instead I was left hanging repeatedly with calls not being returned, as promised.  It got to the point that even though I had isolated and solved the issue (which presumably was affecting many thousands of consumers), I returned the laptop--I was that disgusted . . . .

7 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 08:00

Send it back.  I am sure they will replace.  No reason to put up with a non-functioning device.

915 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 11:00

And, of course, don't wait for or expect a response in a forum.  Contact Dell directly--in my experience, a direct phone call works best.

4 Posts

July 25th, 2014 17:00

I have contacted Dell and I am getting a new unit...but I think the forum is the best way to share with others what is going on with a particular unit and it seems from what I am reading the Venue 11 is a buggy tablet. And why is it that Dell does not seem to answer any posts? And don't say that they can't answer every post because they can. This does not seem to show good customer service...it is really making me think twice about keeping the tablet. These people like myself that are posting in the forum are frustrated  and after spending over 1300.00 would like to get an answer.  A response from Dell on the forum might make the difference from keeping or sending back a unit. 

915 Posts

July 26th, 2014 00:00

In my experience, companies often/typically do not respond personally to forum posts.  Rather, it seems to have developed that forums are for peer assistance, with companies waiting for personal contact for personal assistance--I'm sure that there's economic reasoning behind this all . . . .

109 Posts

August 6th, 2014 09:00

In my experience, companies often/typically do not respond personally to forum posts.  Rather, it seems to have developed that forums are for peer assistance, with companies waiting for personal contact for personal assistance--I'm sure that there's economic reasoning behind this all . . . .

I find the biggest problem with service techs is my expectation that they actually know about my problem.  If they knew what the problems were and could actually FIX them they would be working for a lot more money and you would never get to talk to them.

Those of us who inhabit these forums do so to search for simple quick fixes before having to resort to "Service calls".

Post a question and you will almost always get replies! Some will be to the point, others will ridicule the question, some will ridicule the "Poster", many will praise the competitions products, all will be censored for colorful language but you just might get the answer to your problem...

109 Posts

August 6th, 2014 10:00

Oops, sorry mate, I forgot to answer your question!

I purchased my 7130 i5 4300Y  vPro 8/256 in December 2013. Two weeks later it turned into a "TPM" brick. I received a "New" replacement  in January and everything was great. Well, I did spend a lot of time looking into issues like processor freezes, touch-pad multiple and missing touches, stylus battery and other problems, Dock AC connection and gigabit missing, should I go on.

I managed to get the tablet running to my satisfaction until July when a firmware update to the SSD bricked it for a second time. Seven days later I received a refurbished replacement. Same except for the SSD drive was setup without an IRST partition and no pre-installed Dell software.

After reviewing my install notes I repeated the steps I considered important and now have what I would call a "Top of the Line" tablet performing as I expect. No freezes, no ghost taps, etc.

My only complaint is having to issue a "SHUTDOWN" before switching the power source or I get a "Critical Kernel-Power Event ID 41".

I hope this answers your question. I am definitely keeping mine.

No Events found!