Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2012 16:00

Dell streak 7 stuck in startup loop

I have a dell streak 7 from t-mobile that is stuck in the start up loop.  I have tried the reset on the side under the sd card cover and the plus volume/Power menu option to reset the device because it got stuck in the loop.  Neither of these options worked...so i called t-mobile...who forwarded me to Dell...who told me that because my device was out of warranty, they couldn't do anything.  So much for customer support.

Although I am not a super techie...I know that sometime the software on a computer device gets corrupted and has to be reloaded.  i have done this numerous times on my PC after a virus attack...because that is the only way to make sure you get it all cleaned out and the wife and kids sometimes just have to click that button to download that joke.  I am thinking that this is sort of the same thing and that the device just needs to have the software reloaded.  I am willing to do this myself but need the software and some basic instructions.  Thus my dilima...Where do I find the program and the information.  I refuse to believe that this cannot be accomplished and that the $200+ I spent were wasted.  I don't think it is a hardware issue cause it was working fine right before it froze.  Someone please steer me in the right direction as i feel abandon by Dell and T-mobile.

Long time customer who is wondering if his next PC purchase will be a Dell.

Wes

June 20th, 2012 20:00

Were you able to try doing a recovery/reset option? Sometimes, this option helps though it may take some time and it is kinda hassle.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2012 07:00

Recovery/reset option????  If you are talking about the recovery program that is accessed by holding down the Plus volume button and then the power button as described in the manual...yes.  I tried both options there.  It is still stuck in the startup loop.

1 Message

March 11th, 2016 01:00

I am having the same situation. No amount of trying to hold volume and power, yadda yadda does anything. Still frozen.  You ever have any luck?

No Events found!