Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 30th, 2011 18:00

Dell streak7 official Honeycomb update received

Yes Dell official  Honeycomb 3.2 update received this afternoon on my device.  Download and installation took a while though on my slow wifi network. Looking so far great and I am excited for this update. I did not like the default wallpaper though and changed.

2.3K Posts

September 30th, 2011 20:00

Welcome to the forum. I`m glad your update was a successful.

2 Posts

September 30th, 2011 23:00

Congrats.  Bummed that they did the UK first though and we still wait in the US.

6 Posts

October 1st, 2011 17:00

omg the UK got something first for a change? yay for Dell how well does honeycomb run on the device?

10 Posts

October 1st, 2011 22:00

Just wondering, do you have a mobile version or the wifi only version?

I was under the impression all wifi users would receive the update at the same time.

Makes sense if there is a difference based on the carrier provider, but makes no sense if you have a wifi version for uk to receive the update first.

Don't get me wrong... I'm happy for you and it means everybody will get the update sooner or later, but really makes no sense for some people to receive the update first if its a wifi version.

6 Posts

October 2nd, 2011 02:00

I don't think it's based on the carrier as I have a sim free, 3g model purchased directly from Dell UK and got the update on Friday.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2011 17:00

my streak is 3G version unlocked. Hoeycomb looks great. Specially I like browser tabs and there seems lot of easy shortcuts in browser  screen when touched on edges coming up i am learning reading honeycomb online details makes browser experience great on seven inch.

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 22:00

how will I get the upgrade?

2 Posts

October 4th, 2011 05:00

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I have for less than a month a brand new Dell Streak 7 only wifi. Yesterday afternoon I received the official Dell notification system upgrade to Honeycomb. As indicated, the update would take about 15 minutes, but the truth is that the update was never completed. The screen went to the Dell logo loop on and off. But I left it for over two hours until the battery ran out. There was no variation or message in all this time.

Clearly, something went wrong with the official update. Now the tablet only on and stays on the Dell logo permanently, with the dell logo animation shining blucle. I can not restore my system as the combination volume up-down + turn on does not work.

Any ideas?

1 Message

October 5th, 2011 03:00

welcome here

126 Posts

October 5th, 2011 05:00

received my 3g wifi  "7 streak yesterday charged her ,had a small play then noticed the honeycomb update so applied it and all went well and is running super :)

20 Posts

October 5th, 2011 14:00

Thanks for the info.  After you updated to 3.2, did you have to do the following?

1) re-do the wifi settings?

2) re-do your browser's bookmark?

3) re-download apps from the Market?

4) re-load things (pictures, videos, contacts, etc.) from backup?

Thanks in advance for letting us know.

6 Posts

October 5th, 2011 15:00

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I have for less than a month a brand new Dell Streak 7 only wifi. Yesterday afternoon I received the official Dell notification system upgrade to Honeycomb. As indicated, the update would take about 15 minutes, but the truth is that the update was never completed. The screen went to the Dell logo loop on and off. But I left it for over two hours until the battery ran out. There was no variation or message in all this time.

Clearly, something went wrong with the official update. Now the tablet only on and stays on the Dell logo permanently, with the dell logo animation shining blucle. I can not restore my system as the combination volume up-down + turn on does not work.

Any ideas?

Have you tried the hard reset button? Use a paper clip or needle to do this

2 Posts

October 6th, 2011 01:00

There are several updates on my problems with the update to Honeycomb with my Dell Streak 7 I have to tell you. The first: I called Dell technical support for a solution y. .. I was told that Dell does not give the service support for Dell Streak in Spain (I'm Spanish)  Apparently a phone shop (PhoneHouse) which I bought the tablet exclusively distribute them without the warranty, -not even phone- of Dell. When I called the Phone House also reassure me at all. His answer: bring the tablet to its own technical service and I would be returned at least one month! It is shameful that Dell agrees that its products are distributed without warranty and support OFFICIAL.
Luckily, before deliver it to PhoneHouse something wonderful happened. The hard reset worked. I had tried a dozen times throughout the day and Streak did not respond but suddenly (I guess they felt sorry for my desperation) it did.
So that was installed Honeycomb sweeping away all the data I had. All deleted.
My first impressions with Honeycomb 3.2 on Dell Streak 7 are as follows:
Good things:
--The system seems to consume slightly less battery.
--The desktop is bigger now (as if more screen resolution) allowing you to add more widgets and icons on each screen (there are 5)
--Desktop widgets can now be resized as you like
On the negative side:
--The tablet does not respond well often. In these first 24 hours of use, Honeycomb crashed (without the possibility of turn on the tablet) once
--Now, with windows xp, the usb connection tablet-pc dont work. The drivers are not valid. At the moment, my solution is connect via wifi, using "MyPhoneExplorer Client" application
--Applications that already had installed not downloaded automatically from the Market (as in a previous hard reset) Also, many applications that previously did work on Android 2.2 now dont work at all.
-- Some official Dell widgets do not display correctly on the desktop of Honeycomb. Not allowed resized and appear as cut.
-- Some applications are too small (the change of resolution I said before) and now the icons are too small to press them well.
There is no longer the ability to add folders to the desktop. However, the application "Smart Taskbar" is working well for my applications have ordered.

I do not know it will be problem Android or Dell, but this update has made ​​my tablet in less stable and usable than before.
Thanks to all.

8 Posts

October 6th, 2011 08:00

Hi

What are the instructions to install this update?

I got the notification on my device, I selected to "download and Install" (it opened firefox).

When it finish to download it does not do anything else. I don't know what to do with the pgk file.

Is there a procedure that need to be followed? Any link and tips are apreciated.

Thanks

10 Posts

October 6th, 2011 09:00

I had this same question yesterday. So I'm more than happy to help.

Just copy the file downloaded, rename it to update.pkg (same extension) and copy it to the root of the external sd card.

Turn off the device and then on while holding the + volume at the same time, don't let go, until a menu pops up, it will let you select update trough as card, I believe its the second  option. Just follow the rest of the instructions and you are set. Let me know if you had any issues.

No Events found!