8 Krypton

Re: Dell streak7 official Honeycomb update received

@FriedDylan i updated via wifi and all went smooth however i had it lockedup on the dell logo earlier after try send something to pc  i thought it was maybe gone faulty im new to adroid and google soon had me get it sorted i had to do the pin shutdown then start with +volume then selected full reset whatever t formatted the device took quite a while on initial boot then everything fine again ,,dont giveup yet ive had loads symbian devices bricked during flashing and managed to deadflash them with phoenix software and jaf,,,i havent a clue if theese options are available for theese devices/OS hope you find a fix to wake your streak soon

[:)]  Hiya From UK [:)]

Dell Streak-7  Force Shutdown / Hard-Reset / Safemode / Recovery  info hard-reset.com/dell-streak-7-hard-reset.html

0 Kudos
Sindorin
1 Copper

It's interesting to point out that not everyone has received the update in the US yet. i've owned my Dell Streak for the last two months and I have yet to receive an OTA notification to upgrade. Further, after waiting for friday to come and go, then trying to install it manually, I got a FOTA Model Mismatch error.

If anyone else needs more proof that Dell cares nothing for how their products and customers are supported, keep reading. Otherwise, go buy from another company and stop wasting your time.

0 Kudos
Sindorin
1 Copper

This doesn't do anything other than warn me all data will be erased, it goes to the android with the box screen, says formatting and then reboots to 2.2, with all of my data intact. Got another one for me to debunk?

0 Kudos
FriedDylan
1 Copper

I called Dell support and ran circles of decribing the problem up-front in detail- the technician asked me the same questions which had been answered (following a script obviously) and eventually after having exhausted options to recover they said they would be sending me a box to return the unit to them for repair or replacement.  They stated that te new system I receive will have 3.x of system software already on it.

While satisfield with the swap for a working unit and a round-about admission that there is a problem here I don't appreciate the script reading.  Skill and experience earns business and customer server keeps it.  Dell is a little lacking here and should consider pulling some of their support operations out of Costa Rico and India.

Will let all know when the new unit arrives and what is actually sent.. a new unit or refurb.. I bought new, I expect new.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

No, it's more proof that they're still rolling out the update. When was it promised to be here again? I don't recall dell giving a definitive date, more of a general time...It is obvious and stated over and over and over again and we are all well area that Dell still didn't handle it in the best manner, but hey- you'll get over it eventually. And when you do, you'll likely find something else to be upset about. Don't waste your energy in the forums whining- take time to write the folks that make things happen like corporate...Unless you're okay with simply venting and not expecting anything more out of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ShadowBlack12
1 Nickel

Does anyone have any idea why I have still not got a update notification. I have the wifi only version. If you have no answer could I get the link and instructions to do it myself.

Thank you

ShadowBlack

0 Kudos
iturbide
6 Indium

I have the Dell Streak 7 Wifi only (bought on the US) and received the notification. I think you can also got to "Settings - About phone" and the first option was to search for an update.

0 Kudos
giulijohn
1 Copper

i am new to tablets. is there a dell streak 7 manual that will tell me how to use the new upgrade. i had figured out the 2.2, but i am absolutely lost. with .32

0 Kudos
fmf.sony
6 Indium

What version do you have?

US or Europe?

Is it Wifi or 4G?

It depends...

Once you know which package to download.

Save it to the root of the external SD card.

Rename it to the file to "update" same extension.

Turn device off.

Turn device on while holding + volume key.

Don't let go until you get a menu.

Select update trough SD card.

Follow steps...

0 Kudos
iturbide
6 Indium

The install instructions are on this forum.

en.community.dell.com/.../android-3-2-honeycomb-update-to-dell-streak-7.aspx

Also I had posted something in my blog. I have a Dell Streak 7 Wifi.

martin.iturbide.com

0 Kudos