Highlighted
8 Krypton

Dell tablet suitable for running inverter software ?

We have been monitoring an inverter for quite a while now, using a Dell Latitude D820 and inverter software called SP LINK. We are happy with it, however it uses 31W , which is too much when we need to be monitoring on very overcast days.

To communicate with the inverter, we use Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client and 'ethernet over power' as the comms.  Recently have been trialling my sons tablet (Samsung) and with an ethernet  adaptor have been able to browse the internet via a router/modem.

So, I see no technical or other reason why we can't have a Windows based tablet, do the comms via the EoP as now, and be able to monitor the inverter.

This is the inverter software at http://www.selectronic.com.au/sppro/splink.htm , and the major requirements are:

• Microsoft Windows: XP SP3, Vista SP1, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile.

So, now to my question - is there a Dell tablet that can run Windows 10 and Microsoft NET Framework 4.0 Client ?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Dell tablet suitable for running inverter software ?

Our son advised me that some tablets only run apps. The Dell tablet I require would need to be able to run executables, like a standard Windows OS.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Dell tablet suitable for running inverter software ?

Please advise which Dell tablet can run Windows OS and  be able to run executables, like a standard Windows OS.

0 Kudos