Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2014 03:00

Dell venue 7 GPS not working

The GPS on my Dell venue 7 is not working. In Google maps it doesn't detect my location. Also not working in any apps, like twitter, messenger it doesn't detect my location auto.

28 Posts

May 23rd, 2014 07:00

Let's try this first, there are 3 settings, one of them turns the GPS off. Go to settings - location. Make sure that's ON. Then tap either High Accuracy or Device Only. Try both, thy both use the GPS. If you have Battery Saving selected, then that's your answer, it turned it off. Let me know.

28 Posts

May 23rd, 2014 07:00

I skipped a step. It's settings - location - mode. The mode menu will allow you to select one of the three

26 Posts

May 23rd, 2014 09:00

Did the solution by BotTheory work for you?

29 Posts

May 24th, 2014 04:00

No it doesn't work, I have high accuracy selected already and tried only GPS too but still it doesn't work. I tried all possible things and checked all settings related to GPS location but nothing worked.

Today I fixed it by removing updated Google maps app and get back to factory version of maps and then location works but sometimes it not working too and I have to install update back and than uninstall updates to make it work.

No Events found!