Highlighted
8 Krypton

RE: Dock external video troubleshooting and single thread

Jump to solution

We got tired of waiting for Dell to fix this issue, this has been an ongoing problem for nearly a year...

Instead we purchased a bunch of StarTech USB to VGA/HDMI adapters and are using them instead for multi-monitor support. Dell have been going around in circles on this one, especially for the Atom based solution.

http://www.startech.com/AV/USB-Video-Adapters/USB-3-to-VGA-External-Video-Card-Multi-Monitor-Adapter... 

StarTech has multiple options for USB to VGA, DVI, HDMI and they work with the Venue 11, including the Atom based 5130.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MichaelS81
6 Indium

Jump to solution

The question is, why is DELL disclaiming this problem so much.

If you call the service, they always don´t know any about such problems, instead of starting to fix this!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just purchased the Dell U2413 Monitor, the one that you states works with DP, I am using your Mini DP to DP cable, still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
hrana1998
6 Indium

Jump to solution

We ordered 44 tablets with two docks for each tablet, same as yours box sticker  A02 & Dock sticker A01.

I am also waiting, hopefully Dell will answer to your question.

Dell Support stated A01 is the hardware revision but A02 is just a firmware update. I didn't believe them until tonight.
Dell has posted the A02 dock firmware here:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=46NG9&fileId=3405298807&osCode=WB64A&productCode=dell-venue-11i-pro&languageCode=EN&categoryId=DK
This is for the new Dell 7140 tablet with Intel Broadwell CPUs:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_tab_mob/esuprt_tablets/dell-venue-11-pro-7000-7140_User's%20Guide_en-us.pdf
0 Kudos
MichaelS81
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.

But at the moment, I can´t downöoad the file, it´s not available on the server.

This will fix half of my problems, cause I have some people with Samsung Monitors, the all have the HDMI/sleep problem.

But it seems, the DP problems still not fixed, not any word about DP connection fixing 😞

0 Kudos
NMRAO
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately not able to download the file! Please fix the download link ASAP.

0 Kudos
MichaelS81
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Still not possible to download this, dead link since four days....guys...really?

Called the DELl Support to geht this via mail

0 Kudos
SimonWhitfield
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi. We are on the latest A13 BIOS and the Latest A04 graphics drivers and have just used the dock firmware update A02, followed the strict guidelines for the installation and the issues of screens not waking has not gone away, it's really made no difference. We have two screens attached to the dock, one Dell P21xx connected via display port and an iiyama prolite T2336msc touch screen connected via HDMI. Still issues with them waking after going to sleep.

Surely someone by now should have figured out where the problem lies and come up with a proper solution. The latitude e-series docks don't have this issue, is it really that different?

Waiting for the 7140 Venue 11 to be released and the Latitude 7000 2-in-1 (www.dell.com/.../latitude-family-coming-soon) so we can get one trial to see if they have the same issue as they use the same dock.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After 2 months I decided to purchase the DELL 2413M monitor and use a DP to MINI DP whiched worked, but the DP TO DP does not. So if anyone wants to throw more money down and get the expensive monitor this will work.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The update files appear to be there now, but no matter what I do, when I run the update it tells me to power down my dock for 15 seconds and try again - over and over again!

The hardware is set up exactly as required (I have tried all combinations!) but no matter what I do it won't run the updates - so perhaps there are still files missing after all?

0 Kudos