Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2011 00:00

Exchange email setup problem on Venue with Exchange 2010 SP1

I just received my new Venue (Android 2.2 with Stage UI) and I tried to set up my Exchange email on it and before the setup completes I am getting error message "Unable to open connection to server"

I have spoken with our Exchange admins and they told me they have seen this before since they upgraded our Exchange servers to 2010 SP1. They tell me the problem is in the Email app bundled with Dell's version of Android 2.2. I am inclined to believe them because I was able to test an unmodified version of Android 2.2  on a different phone and was able to successfully setup my Exchange account with it.

Is Dell planning on issuing an update to their version of Android with an improved Email app?

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 8th, 2011 15:00

Hi Chris,

We are sorry for any difficulty. Please contact the Dell Mobility queue 1-800-308-3355, select Technical Support from the menu and enter your Mobile Device Express Service Code. They are happy to assist you with any concerns you may be experiencing. Thanks for choosing Dell.

The SOS Team

TB

7 Posts

April 10th, 2011 10:00

Terry, I have tried calling support. After first having to establish that I am not using a Venue Pro, they will then tell me it must be something wrong with my email system when I know that is just not the case.

This problem with Exchange 2010 SP1 was not unique to Dell, it affected most of the mainstream Android 2.x devices in late 2010 shortly after SP1 was issued. Companies like Motorola and HTC have since fixed their email apps. see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11177

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 11th, 2011 17:00

ChrisDTC

I am not aware or any fixes or updates for Froyo for the Venue any time soon.  I have googled the issue and there are certainly a lot of hits and you are correct, it isn't unique to Dell.  There seem to be plenty enough posters that claim that they have found a fix.  I would discuss some of these possible fixes with your email admins and see if you can get a working solution. I am sorry that I couldn't be of much more help.

TB

1 Message

May 9th, 2011 13:00

Hi,

I am also an user of Dell Venue, I have the same issue, the built in email app doesn't connect to the exchange servers.

on the other hand, email apps like Moxier mail and Droid mail just work fine.

BTW, i have Samsung Captivate and the exchange email works just fine with the in built email app.

Looks like Dell need to fix their email app.

3 Posts

February 29th, 2012 07:00

Hi Dell:

I am facing the same problem in configuring exchange 2010 email account.

Also in the Social Stage UI, I am unable to login to facebook.It says login credentials are wrong!!!

However, I am able to use the facebook app from android or through the browser with the same username and password.

Please fix this

Sendhil

2 Posts

June 14th, 2014 07:00

Hi Dell;

I do have same problem. I just brought Venue 7, android 4.3. i am unable to setup Email.. mail not able to connect with exchange server.

please fix this.

thanks,

Shabbir

No Events found!