Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2011 12:00

Front camera not working on my Dell Streak 7

I'm a little disappointed in a few things with my Streak, the first being that there seems to be lacking a key component to their marketing campaign (front-facing camera, "Chat just like that").

1. They show Qik, which is not even available on the Streak (5 or 7) Devices, http://qik.com/info/new_stuff
  2. So I installed, VTok, which shows the front-camera disabled.

Some other items I'm disapponted with.

1. Android 2.2, bug with Bluetooth compatability. I can't even connect my Android 2.2 phone with this tablet (paired, not connected).

Have others just ignored using these items (Bluetooth and front camera), or is my broken?

17 Posts

May 10th, 2011 13:00

Qik is preinstalled on the Streak 7.  Works fine.

17 Posts

May 10th, 2011 14:00

... and by the way, it is you who is wrong.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

My Dell Streak 7, that I received a week ago, does NOT have Qik installed, and when you go to the marketplace it is not available. Going to the web shows that it is not supported on the Streak 7.

17 Posts

Is your's a 4G or Wi-Fi only?  It's on both of our 4G's and my wife and I use it and it works fine.  It shows in the market as well, just search for T-Mobile Video Chat by Qik.

17 Posts

May 10th, 2011 15:00

It's only available on 4G devices.  Wait around for Skype to support Android front cameras... supposedly it's coming....

Wow, trolls are real ;)
And it's wi-fi only, which may be why this sucks. 

17 Posts

Sounds like you have a defective device.  Front camera works fine on ours, we can bluetooth to each other's Android phones, it never locks up on us, and I'm definitely not seeing the screen refresh issues you describe.  Have had ours since February without these issues.

Sounds like you need to return it.

Thanks.
Wish this was part of the information. Would have been a different decision if I had know that:

• Front camera does not work
  • Bluetooth to other android devices does not work
  • It likes to lock up occasionally
  •    and the screen is slow to paint to the point that icons don't refresh

17 Posts

My wife has a Captivate and I have an Atrix.  Work fine.  Also connect fine to wife's U-Connect in her Chrysler and my BlueAnt speakerphone.

May 10th, 2011 17:00

I'm also disappointed with the WiFi only version of the Streak 7.  The marketing materials are very deceiving.  They suggest that both Qik and Oovoo are available for the WiFi only version, and that's clearly not the case.  I've also noticed some anomolies in trying to use it as a SIP phone.  The only reason I bought it was the person I spoke to at Dell promised that Honeycomb is forthcoming.

No Events found!