jonphanc
1 Copper

Re: Froyo Android 2.2

@Daisai,

Not sure where you are and if in the US may not be that useful but you if you are on twitter it is worth following @stephenjatdell

According to a tweet today they are finalising the rollout plan and they will have start date shortly for EU devices OTA.

Cheers,

Jon.

0 Kudos
Daisai
1 Copper

Might be some hope then for tomorrow.

Im talking more about updating the post from amy in this forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GriZlore
2 Bronze

as a general rule, it is not a good idea to release software on a Friday. However Dell haven't followed any normal rules for the Dell Streak release.

My guess is Monday at the earliest

0 Kudos
ranida
1 Copper

... new to this so dont know whether to reply or make new post.. got a notice on my Streak ( 2.1 rooted unlocked on AT&T ) that an update was available, clicked on it and got a screen that said update not available ??? If  I do not have the original 1.6 will i not be able to do the ota update?

thanks

ran

0 Kudos
AshR
1 Copper

I got the same thing this morning.

0 Kudos
Daisai
1 Copper

Anyone else noticed that the site you visit when you try to update with the streak has changed ?

Or is that just mine...

0 Kudos
GriZlore
2 Bronze

0 Kudos
davidlog2
1 Copper

RE: Froyo Android 2.2

Assuming Dell are not going to drop the ball again:emotion-42: ,  and therefore upset the japanese market it looks like the 2.2 update is almost ready for release. 

Dell androidos

Just hope Dell don't wind up all there existing customers anymore by holding off on it's release any longer than necessary.  Personally I feel it is a disgrace if they launch in Japan with 2.2 while people who have already invested in the product are stuck with 1.6 or an extremely flawed 2.1.

Any news AmyB?

Best regards,

Jon.

0 Kudos