magnificence
1 Copper

Froyo out already?

Hey all,

I was wondering if Froyo (2.2) was already out for AT&T? I read that some people were able to get it already, but when I check for an update, it says that my software is still up to date (and I run 1.6).

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SYVDAN
1 Nickel

Re: Froyo out already?

I had the same problems.  Do a FACTORY RESET on the phone and you should then be able to accomplish the update.

0 Kudos
magnificence
1 Copper

Ok thank you, I'll try that, but I'm not sure if it works because I think I remember that I already did a factory reset very very recent.

But I'll try it. 😉

0 Kudos
magnificence
1 Copper

Ok, so I did a factory reset, didn't work. This is the page I get: mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A111231

You can see that they say:

No software updates available at this time.

BTW, this is also a correction on my first post where I said that it said that my software was up to date.

Anyway, what should I do with this situation?

0 Kudos
magnificence
1 Copper

Ow BTW, I had downloaded the froyo update file a long time ago, I though it was gone already because I did a factory reset, apparently it was still in my download folder, however, when I move it to the root of my sd card, rename it "Update.pkg" and boot into that special mode to start the update, I just get a black screen. I also remembered that when I tried updating it the first time, I got stuck at the dell logo.

0 Kudos