Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2011 08:00

Got sent the

So, I ordered a Dell Venue Pro unlocked. Sexy, sexy beast of a phone -- I must have it!

Here's what I had in my order confirmation: 

Dell Venue Pro™, 16GB storage, Windows Phone, AWS, Unlocked, SIM, Windows Phone OS

Note the text in bold -- it's important, because I'm on T-Mobile, and AWS is how I'm supposed to get 3G. 

Flash forward to today: I get my phone, and I check the box, and the support 3G bands are 850, 1900 and 2100. No mention of 1700. 

I fire up my phone, and insert my SIM. Beautiful, beautiful software...marred by a slow EDGE connection. I go to places where all my other phones get 3G on Tmobile... no luck. 

I call up TMobile -- who tells me to call Dell. I call Dell, who tells me without even checking my order to call T-Mobile (thanks, Bob in India!). I know infinite loops when I see them, so at this point I stopped making phone calls. Dell online chat was just as useless. 

I'm not a ignorant on technology matters... it's pretty obvious that Dell sent me the wrong phone. Who at Dell can fix this before I have to go to my credit card company and initiate a chargeback? 

No Responses!
No Events found!