Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2010 11:00

Hell with dell repair for my streak

My dell streak was on the dell logo after 4 weeks of use (a real brick). Dell sent UPS to pick up the streak at my office last monday (i m located in France). The tech is in BUDAPEST.......The tracking number on the UPS slip is missing a number so it is impossible to know where it is located.....I called dell from my office and got transfered to 6 different people !!!!!!!!!!  No one was able to help me locate the parcel or update me on the repair because I did not have my serial number. They cannot even do a search by name, or phone.........I 'm getting a very bad taste on all this and I doubt I will buy again from dell if this situation is not solved quickly.....and if  I don't get back my phone within the 10 days the said it would take. 

I have been also asking about 2.1.......................nothing, they play dead or what ? Dell you should act quick if you don't want to loose customers

370 Posts

September 8th, 2010 20:00

Bonjour 19Apple,

I apologize for the poor experience. I am submitting your feedback to our Dell France support team. If you could, please send me a PM (private message) with your name and phone number so that I can research your case. Regarding the 2.1 update, we haven't released on official date, but I am told it will be in the coming month for France.

Thank you for your feedback,

Amy

24 Posts

September 9th, 2010 00:00

Amy, how can you keep repeating that Dell "haven't released an official update" ???  So who and how did an update appear on all our phones via the Check for Updates" on our Streaks then?  

28 Posts

September 9th, 2010 01:00

Amy,

I sent you the information............I really hope you can be more usefull than the bunch of people I had on the phone in France !!!

The funniest part is after I spoke for the first time with a technician I received a mail from someone at dell asking me if I was satisfied

and if the problem was solved. I replied to this person "in charge" 3 times. As per today He never responded......................Very poor service here

370 Posts

September 9th, 2010 07:00

Hi G4HKS,

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I said "offical date" in reference to the question about France getting their 2.1 update.

Thanks,

Amy

11 Posts

September 9th, 2010 09:00

Amy, 

will the upgrade be rolled out country per country ? or all unbranded streaks will get 2.1 at once & over the air? ( I am in Slovakia)

Thanks,

Dusan 

370 Posts

September 9th, 2010 13:00

Hi Dusan,

It is my understanding this update will be for non O2 customers who purchased their Streaks in UK, France and Germany. The update will be over the air. I'm not sure if all 3 will occur at exactly the same time. I'll let you know once I have more details on that.

Thanks,

Amy

70 Posts

September 9th, 2010 13:00

Does this mean O2 users will have to make do with the bug ridden update??  We were just guinea pigs for the official working update?

10 Posts

September 9th, 2010 14:00

maybe you should have bought directly from dell then lol :emotion-4:

well I do hope when we get our 2.1 update for the unlocked streaks, it might have some fixes...

28 Posts

September 14th, 2010 12:00

Actually forums like FRANDROID, XDA developpers, androids forums.com,......will be perfect places to discuss what is wrong with Dell product support

28 Posts

September 14th, 2010 12:00

My posts being deleted from Dell admin....by the way you can even delete or cancel my account if you wish. There are so many non Dell official forums

on the net where I can post freeling about my experience with your company that finally doesn't bother me

28 Posts

September 17th, 2010 11:00

the story continues......2 days ago I sent and email to the general manager of dell France........I have the chance to work for a compliance department of a bank and I m used to deal with the top management. Two days after my email I got a phone call from a manager in morrocco to tell me she will handle my problem after receiving instructions from the Dell France GM......good.....she was supposed to call me today to keep me informed of the situation but I did not receive her call..........if monday I have no news I will contact again the French GM to let him know..........

The adventure continues................................:emotion-12:

18 Posts

November 13th, 2010 02:00

Please tell me how I can contact the GM re my Dell inspiron 1370 issues - I  have had to resort to snail mail :emotion-7: Which I guess will not be replied to. I feel so ineffectual and frustrated sadly I do not work for a large bank but my daughter also works in compliance for a large bank perhaps I should get her onto it?!  Us little people count for nothing  - email support hopeless

18 Posts

Hello I am also having huge problems with Dell "support" here in France but with a new inspiron 1370 laptop. Bought in the Uk but covered for Europe under my warranty/insurance. I had spent hours and euros on the telephone because it stopped responding - my French is reasonable but most of the time i could not understand them - none mother tongue speaker trying to communicate with another non mother tongue speaker..... If they tried to talk to me in English - bless them - even worse.Any way laptop collected for repair and returned to me but NOT with the original operating system - windows 7 64bit replaced with windows 7 32bit not two drives just one. a programme locked into IE8 in I think Russian very difficult to remove. The supp rt line does not seem to understand the difference between 32bit & 64bit. I cannot load the drivers from my Dell disc ..... my data back cause problems as I am restoring to a different system. I am now going to have to get it sorted out in the Uk when I visit my daughter next month I have now had to write a letter recomande to Dell in Montpellier but so far no response. quelle surprise! I now have no confidence in Dell France so sad because I had good service in the past. I have mailed tech support UK and had very polite replies but I cannot telephone them (08 numbers) and they cannot telephone me. So sad that the French do not seem to understand good customer service  Any way helps to have a rant as I do not wish to start shouting at some poor Dell employee!

70 Posts

Hello Sara66750

Send a personal message to Amy B, admin of this forum, I am confident she will do her best to resolve this issue for you.  She is one of those rare Dell employee's who actually like their job and will go the extra mile for the customer.

18 Posts

November 14th, 2010 03:00

Further to this I see the that the (unsigned)  paper that came back with "repaired" laptop has the letter heading "WORLDWIDE DELL TechServices" I have found them  - "WORLDWIDE techservices" - on the net and sent an email. Will be interesting to see if I get reply. Probably I will not because I am not one of their big corporate clients.

No Events found!