medseven
1 Copper

Re: Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7?

Its quite poor.

Cant say that its all that bad they haven't released it yet, as there are no 7inch tablets with honeycomb on the market as yet, just 3 around the corner.

Its just poor that we don't get any information. The company would definitely know whether they intend to release it or not. There's no way they don't know, like all the info they have is nothing more than a post it note saying 'Think about the Streak 7 Soon' on the back of someone's desk, no way.

I wouldn't even want a particular date if they plan on releasing, just a confirmation if they are. Its kind of vital to know, especially for people that are looking to buy, or have just bought.

Any Dell people's reading!?

0 Kudos
mssahota
1 Copper

I just bought it for $211 Including taxes and I talked to customer support and ask for honeycomb, he said they don't have any information regarding it. Don't waste you time writing on this forum, May be they are going to release it after Android 5.0!

Sh*me!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Chad MD
1 Copper

Please release it!  We all know it is possible to run on the hardware!

0 Kudos
Back4More420
1 Copper

Dell Streak7

Most other Tegra 2 devices are running Honeycomb. This unit screams power and needs your support. Release an OTA update for Honeycomb, or release the " OPEN SOURCE" driver information. Many of your loyal customers would very much appreciate some sort of reply from the people at Dell themselves, Please confirm an official release of Honeycomb or release the OPEN SOURCE information NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW can anyone feel comfortable buying from Dell if they don't support their own products?

0 Kudos
bearboman
1 Copper

I expect honeycomb and if I don't get it I will boycott dell for the rest of my life. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
jimmy_what_not
1 Copper

I most definitely anticipated Honeycomb for the device, and will totally be disappointed if it doesn't arrive.

0 Kudos
IVIetal
1 Copper

I had the Dell Streak 5 for about a year. Great device, but it should have been released with froyo, much like the Streak 7 should have been released with honeycomb. I'm not here to slander your name Dell, but i will say that I think you should stay away from android. The reason being, the lack of support for your devices. Android is all about being open. I will go so far as to say that 30% of android users choose android for the simple fact that it's open. Thats about one third of your devices in the hands of unhappy customers. The hardware is great, or at least on par. If I could make one suggestion it would be to start releasing your "media devices" with windows phone 7, and windows 7 on them. That way your sure not to dissapoint 1/3 of your customers. I have sold my streak five in favor of another device, i won't mention, that is extremely open and a lot of fun. I am now contemplating selling my S7 in favor of a tablet from the same manufacturer, but for future unaware customers, please remember what made android great, and give back to the user for purchasing your device. I hate to see such great devices become "old school" by devices that have actually been out a lot longer. Thanks Dell! 🙂

0 Kudos
Back4More420
1 Copper

Great comment , I have to agree with every word.

0 Kudos
IVIetal
1 Copper

I had the Dell Streak 5 for about a year. Great device, but it should have been released with froyo, much like the Streak 7 should have been released with honeycomb. I'm not here to slander your name Dell, but i will say that I think you should stay away from android. The reason being, the lack of support for your devices. Android is all about being open. I will go so far as to say that 30% of android users choose android for the simple fact that it's open. Thats about one third of your devices in the hands of unhappy customers. The hardware is great, or at least on par. If I could make one suggestion it would be to start releasing your "media devices" with windows phone 7, and windows 7 on them. That way your sure not to dissapoint 1/3 of your customers. I have sold my streak five in favor of another device, i won't mention, that is extremely open and a lot of fun. I am now contemplating selling my S7 in favor of a tablet from the same manufacturer, but for future unaware customers, please remember what made android great, and give back to the user for purchasing your device. I hate to see such great devices become "old school" by devices that have actually been out a lot longer. Thanks Dell! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jimmy_what_not
1 Copper

I have found this:

www5.nohold.net/.../Loginr.aspx

Follow the link, type in Honeycomb and it will confirm there is a Honeycomb update coming soon for the Streak 7.

Is this confirmation though, and can any one from Dell confirm it here!?

0 Kudos