Highlighted
bearboman
1 Copper

Re: Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7?

I hope thus is true but I won't hold my breath. Dell won't answer.

0 Kudos
endeeuu
1 Copper

I will take this as gospel that the update will be here eventually....

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

This was just posted yesterday about an upcoming Honeycomb upgrade for the S7.

www.streaksmart.com/.../dell-streak-7-wifi-getting-official-honeycomb-update-in-september-3g4g-versi...

0 Kudos
Z4nd4r
1 Copper

If Dell leaves us S7 4G owners out in the cold, they're committing mobile hari-kari. They'll be forever known as "The Company You Can't Rely On."

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

0 Kudos
chamberc1
1 Copper

It's not Dell, it's T-Mobile that has decided not to do the update.  It's another failed device, just like the Streak 5 which was end of life today.

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

If this is true it will look poorly on Dell, and T-Mobile. If the wifi only devices get the upgrade, so should the all other S7's. For those of you that have the S7's with T-Mobile services, there is a discussion on T-Mobiles support site on this subject.  

support.t-mobile.com/.../19911

0 Kudos
chamberc1
1 Copper

Published yesterday.

Comment:"I recently purchased two Dell Streak 7 tablets. I am very interested in upgrading them to the newer Honeycomb version of Android. PLEASE post information regarding when we can expect the update.Thank you"

Answer:  Currently there are no plans to upgrade the Streak 7 to Honeycomb.

support.dell.com/.../document

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

I am already planning to purchase a 10 inch tablet later this year, and if Dell can't provide the Honeycomb upgrade for the S7, then the purchase will likely be an iPad2. Also if apple should release a more portable tablet similar in size to the S7, I will buy that too, and ditch the Dell S7 altogether.

0 Kudos
chamberc1
1 Copper

Dell has stated they are not bringing the 10 inch to the US.

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

All reports I have seen for the 10 say China first, and then US and Europe. Is there an official statement that says the 10 would not be released in the US period?

0 Kudos