jrcawley
1 Copper

Re: Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7?

I just had the same experience -- my new Streak 7 arrived today after I was warned last week it would be delayed. I was hoping the delay was to get a Honeycomb system, but no, its a Froyo. I bought it because I was assured Honeycomb will be available for download in September -- I will send it back if not!!!

0 Kudos
chkiran
1 Copper

I've bought dataplan version from tmobile, now I feel betrayed.  Though I've come out of contract with tmobile but the item i brought from dell is still under 1 year warrently. 

Also,
Dell advertisement or official documentation stating the device would be updated, you have grounds for a class-action lawsuit for Misrepresentation by possibly both Dell and T-Mobile, who induced you into purchasing the Streak7 and entering or extending a service contract with TMo. 

0 Kudos
chkiran
1 Copper

This sort of think completely spoils the Dell name.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cabinator
1 Copper

What is with the customers who owns a free 3G Model?

jroux
1 Copper

I just got mine in minus the 3G.  I have an T-Mo android phone already and can teather off of it if need be.  I'm thrilled I actually gave this some thought, would have been really mad had I spent the extra $150.00 for the 3G when that system will not be seeing any further updates (minus those who get theirs modded).

Would have loved to have gotten is for the lesser price everyone is claiming here but I'm satisfied with it.  Nice piece.

Joe

0 Kudos
jroux
1 Copper

Its actually a T-Mo issue

0 Kudos
rstp72
1 Copper

I can't believe my post got deleted, it was nothing offencive but the truth hurts.

Boy it was quick to get removed,i wish you guys were as fast for tech support

Thanks

0 Kudos
cabinator
1 Copper

Everybody had receive your post over Email,so your words not lost 😉 and its true:

Nobody inform us about the progress and thats strange...

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

rstp72 quote: "I called costumer support and was told that the release of the upgrade was up to my internet service provider". As an IT professional I find this insulting, and the fact that they deleted rstp72's post makes me believe that we will not likely see an update to Honeycomb for the DS7. You would think that Dell would be posting information for the upcoming upgrade to keep their customer informed, if there really was an update being developed. I think the rumors of a pending upgrade is keeping the sales of the DS7 going, and in the end there won't be an official upgrade to Honeycomb for the DS7 from Dell period.  

0 Kudos
jroux
1 Copper

You know (and I don't want to appear to be a "trouble maker" for Dell) but I read the forum rules as posted by Dell and except for being critical to Dell I don't see the infringement on the policy.  Please point out to me/us where the infraction was so we don't make the mistake again.

Joe

0 Kudos