Highlighted

Re: Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7?

Good reference: en.community.dell.com/.../19345663.aspx

But all that aside- good or poor customer service doesn't change the release date of HC. Customer service isn't programming anything. It has more to do with development by programmers and a marketing schedule.

Technically, you can already download a nice working release here:  tabletroms.com/.../honeycomb-streak-7

What it all comes down to is to either a) wait and see what happens, b) quit wasting time groveling in a forum that isn't necessarily paid attention to & email the proper channels in Dell management,  or c) Flash DJ-Steve's fine work onto your device.

Maybe if people vent frustration to the folks that actually have a say over something rather than some intern that is assigned regulate forum trolls-- like the folks here: content.dell.com/.../leadership-executive-team.aspx , you might get a better response.

Sad thing is, when the update comes, people will still complain because it isn't as perfect as they wanted it to be and when they move on another device they'll complain about that too, sorry for you.  Next time buy a device for what it has now, not for what it is promised to have in the future.

Honeycomb is nice.

0 Kudos

rstp72,

There are only three of us Liaisons monitoring the Forum boards. We do not have coverage for this board.

We do not delete post due to negative statements about Dell products. Your post was deleted due to profanity. Taking a profane word and turning it into an acronym is still profanity. I have replaced the profanity with the word, "mistake" and reposted your comment below -

Well,it's mid September and all I hear are crickets. What's going on with the HC upgrade for the Streak7? Is there anyone from Dell who actually check the content of this forums? Apparently not, it's so sad to see such a poor costumer support from a company that claims ,that "costumer satisfaction is ,our number 1 priority" what a joke,sad ,sad ,sad. A couple weeks ago, I called costumer support and was told that the release of the upgrade was up to my internet service provider. I'm not making this up. I was floored,even though I was trying to make the tech realise how big of a mistake his statement was. He didn't want to back down and maintained what he was saying. After a while, I thanked him for his useless support and hang up. So when you hear this type of comment, it's not a suprise to not see any kind of follow up by the techs on this forum. Take it for what it's worth, but don't hold your breath on the upgrade and honestly if I could I'll be taking this tablet back to the store, too late now.

0 Kudos

You can get this information from the link above for the executive leadership team. Not posting anyone's direct email address, so no violation. It could possibly be done using "firstname_lastname" and the "@dell.com to contact". Again,Not a real email address nor posting any real email address just an example of a naming convention one might possibly use.  Do the math and don't be lazy, email them.

Michael S. Dell
michael_dell
Chairman and CEO

Paul D. Bell
paul_bell
President
Public & Large Enterprise

Jeffrey W. Clarke
jeffrey_clarke
Vice Chairman
Global Operations & End User Computing Solutions

Karen H. Quintos
karen_quintos
Senior Vice President
Chief Marketing Officer

Stephen F. Schuckenbrock
stephen_schuckenbrock
President Dell Services

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

Hey DELL-Chris M - Here is a 2 part yes or no question. Is there an update coming for the Streak 7, and will it be released this month? Ask the folks listed by hooligan, and get back to us.

0 Kudos

Rofl. jtech- seriously- email them yourself- that's the point. The more people that go to the source, the better response you're going to get rather than from a forum-watcher...you're setting yourself up so you can complain after he doesn't give you an answer or the answer you want. Here's another location for the contact info, they killed my first post because I actually added the email addresses.

By the way- you can also contact the Board of Directors, so if you're really looking for answers & serious about the complaints folks- then go to the source or at least ears that are closer to it then someone just watching the forums looking for cuss words...

Board of Directors contact info:
http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/corp-comm/leadership-board-communication.aspx

"The Board of Directors has established policies and procedures for stockholders and anyone who has concerns about Dell's conduct, accounting, financial reporting, internal controls or auditing matters. Communications to the Board of Directors as a whole, the independent directors as a group, the Presiding Director, the Audit Committee (through the committee chair), or any other individual member of the Board or any Board committee can be submitted...."

use the same @dell convention with "Board_of_Directors" (no quotes) - info is also listed on the second link above.

If you're really worked up about it, try filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org.
If that still doesn't do it for you, you can always try contacting the Federal Trade Commission: http://ftc.gov/bcp/index.shtml.

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

I don't expect an answer, that was more of a poke in the side. If we get the update great, if we don't ok. I can flash my device at some point in the future. The point is most people won't flash because they don't want to brick their devices. Others can't because they just don't understand the process. No one wants to pay someone else to flash the device for them.  

The only real solution is an Official, supported release of HC from Dell.

sainthooligan - Go luck on your email campaign.

0 Kudos

Supported or not- even an official update can brick your device if you're not careful. So, there's always a risk in flashing.

I've been content with what & how I've had my streak running - so No, not my email campaign. Just doing something a bit more useful than others around here and offering up some information to those that aren't as technically proficient.  Yep, that same group you mention that is scared to flash their devices or are nervous about whether or not they're getting an update.

But if it was an actual campaign of mine, I'd elect you as President of the "Good Job" club.

0 Kudos
endeeuu
1 Copper

The Sytem Updates option on my Streak 7 (Settings > About > System Updates) has today opened up a webpage stating that no update is currently available.

Previously, following this option came up with a page not available notification.

Could this be preparation for pushing the OTA Honeycomb update??? Lets hope so.

0 Kudos

the "no update is currently available" has been coming up like that for at the very least- the last 2 months....never got the page not available unless the wifi wasn't connected...

But it'll be here soon enough...

0 Kudos
endeeuu
1 Copper

I have a UK, SIM free, 3G version, so maybe this then good news for 3G/4G owners???

0 Kudos