FC360
1 Copper

Re: Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7?

I'm also curious about honeycomb on the wifi only streak 7 as I'm thinking about getting either this or a Archos 80 G9 since the Archos runs honeycomb but the Dell streak is more appealing as I have had a chance to play with 1.

0 Kudos
rstp72
1 Copper

It would have said by October 1st not by October,which means the whole month ,not a specific day

0 Kudos

Speculation is fun and all, but truth is- it will get here when it gets here. We'll have to be patient. If not, you have a couple of options mentioned earlier.  But one thing that's for sure, I personally won't plan my days around a general time that it is coming. When my device is updated- that's when it's here.

0 Kudos
rstp72
1 Copper

fc360, imo the Archos seems to be a much better tablet ,screen res, a ton of hookups, eventhough the 8inch makes it weird looking, I mean not as appealing ,as the 7inch family ,I'll go for it in a heartbeat, if the streak7 does not get better with honeycomb upgrade, I'll get something else,my streak7 seems to be freezing more and more every day ,I have to reboot this thing 3,4,5 times a day, just to tpe this its a nig)tmare

0 Kudos
writerguyewf
1 Copper

I tried to flash upgrade, but so much didn't work that I re-installed 2.2-Impatiently waiting for the upgrade

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mattyrock2k
1 Copper

I am getting tired of patient.  Dell used to be an innovator and care about their customers.  Apparently their new mantra is "You will get it whenever".  Talk about a company that has gone down the drain.  If I don't see an update for my Streak by the second week of October, I am entirely done with Dell as a company.  I have been loyal to Dell for the past decade, and I have watched them slowly deteriorate, starting with their customer service, shoddy quality control, and now refusal to put out upgrades in a timely fashion on their products.  Froyo was outdated when they put in on the tablet 6 months ago.   Truly shamefull how bad they have gotten

0 Kudos

You to ought to voice those concerns to corporate with the information provided earlier.  No one that has decision making input from Dell is actually paying attention or cares what is in this forum, it isn't moderated like that and has already been made clear.  So, the moderators here could actually care less whether or not you're likely not going to purchase another product from them if you don't get what you want when you want it...

This forum is lightly moderated by some folks that can do little more than delete a post here and there....so, if you are simply venting- vent away but don't expect any results. More power to you if helps you- definitely nothing wrong with venting.

If you seriously want to get something done, get your voice heard and heard take it to the top - start with corporate and the board of directors.

If this is deceptive business practices- take it to the BBB and FTC.

I still am clueless as to why people would by a device because of what it is promised to do "in the future" without any time frame advertised of when it would be able to do it when they purchase the device.

Would you buy a car without wheels because the car lot said they would be giving away wheels soon?  No, you buy it because it has wheels on it now.  I'm curious if anyone out there paid for guaranteed updates? I didn't- I must have missed that option.

Sure, dell should be more responsive to it all, but at the same time the consumer needs to be more responsible when spending their hard earned dollars.  Supply and demand, folks. Who's more to blame the dealers or the users?

0 Kudos
mattyrock2k
1 Copper

I see your point, however, advertising with "false pretense" IS actually deceptive marketing.  When Staples and Dell both stated that the rollout would take place, I based my buying decision on that nugget of information.  My rant is with the direction the company has chosen to go as a whole.  So, you are indeed right...I am whinning for no reason, and I SHOULD actually know better.   Thank you for taking that away from me.....lol

0 Kudos
FC360
1 Copper

Dell said it would come out in Oct that's between 1st and 31st Oct so they still have a month left. I'm buying a Archos 80 G9 because I had a mess around with a Dell streak 7 at local currys/PCWorld and I found it didn't load flash videos at all where as my Phone did and my phone was connected via cell data while tablet was connected to their wifi. I also want to have honecomb out the box and the Archos 80 G9 is the only sub 10 inch for less then £250.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos