writerguyewf
1 Copper

Re: Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7?

I talked to both T-Mobile and Dell yesterday. T-Mobile told me that Dell is doing the supporting. Dell is taking the blame and is saying that "supposedly" going to release an HC update for DS 7 with T-Mobile 4G.

Doubt it

0 Kudos
Vox9
1 Copper

Hold the power button for 4 seconds, then wait about 5 for the dell logo to appear.  Then another 20-30 for the boot up.  If you just press the power for a second or 2 instead of holding down for 4, it does as you describe - flashes the nav keys and then not power up.  I just went through this whole scenario after it locked up and wouldnt shut down.  Di dthe pinhole shut down and then held power on for 4 seconds.  Back in business!  Good Luck.

0 Kudos

For those US wifi only with the GLUNB1A133830 it doesn't seem to want to update.  Either call dell if you're under warranty...or if you're brave, you can take the law into your own hands...There is an alternate option that will work on this version. Yes, Method 2 works for it.. forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php

0 Kudos
jtech64
1 Copper

There is yet another option. If you need to restore your DS7 to get the stock recovery mode back to do the update, you can use the NVflashstep1 and NVflashstep2 in the following link. forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php

This will get you back to the stock froyo 2.2.2, and then you can use the following dell update page to update to HC.

mobileupdate.dell.com

This is for WiFi only users. This worked for me since I had installed ClockWorkMod and replaced the original stock recovery. It will take some time, but it works.

Dell stated that if your device has been rooted or if you have used ClockWorkMod that you would not be able to perform the update.

0 Kudos
rstp72
1 Copper

the upgrade to Honeycomb is great makes the tablet a lot more useable , but there is a ton of games that I can not play and use to play with the 2.2 , what gives ? is there anybody else having this problem?

alot of the games crash on start up

thanks

0 Kudos
fmf.sony
1 Copper

MX motto, the tilt controls don't work, no other way to play the game, so its busted.

doom, the one available in the market, developed by jack niu. crashes after a few seconds.

however i believe this is not hc fault, developers need to support and update the applications to make them work for the 3.2

I've had no luck after contacting them.

0 Kudos
stanulg1952
1 Copper

I contacted T-Mobile about this upgrade.   They say they're not doing it.  Period.   End of story.

Plus, I found out that Dell is not partnershipping with T-Mobile as far as the Honeycomb 3.2 goes.  So.....those who bought the Dell Streak 7 from T-Mobile are  "locked"  into T-Mobile.

stanulg1952

0 Kudos
otnos
3 Argentium

0 Kudos

seriously, just read the posts a few above these. 

nice try with the shameless plug though, otnos. emoticon.Stickouttongue.title but it is informative.

0 Kudos