Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2014 01:00

How do I restrict just web browsers on a Dell Venue 7, but not the google play store?

My Dell Venue 7 has Android 4.3 and I want to create a user profile for my daughter that will still let her use the google play store, but won't let her use any internet browsers. Creating a restricted user profile in this version of Android automatically prevents them from using the google play store, so this option is no good for me.

There's no credit cards attached to any accounts, so the only apps she can download from google play are free ones, that's not an issue, but I don't want her to be able to surf the internet using either the built-in browser or the google chrome browser. The web browsers are the only thing I want to restrict her access to, and I can't find a way to do this because like I mentioned, creating a restricted account automatically restricts access to the google play store.

Please help!

14 Posts

January 14th, 2014 20:00

What if instead of restricting the browsers and play store you just disable the browsers under manage apps. That way it will be as if they aren't even on the tablet. Not sure if it'll work but it's worth a shot.

35 Posts

January 16th, 2014 14:00

The fatal flaw in your plan is that if you allow access to the Play Store, your daughter would be able to download and install another free browser.  There are a ton.

You may wish to try something like AppLock.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock

No Events found!