Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

BL

August 3rd, 2016 16:00

Internet Explorer doesn't work

My tablet does nothing when I click on Internet Explorer.

I went to Control Panel and it is not on the list of installed programs. I clicked on "How to install a program" and Control Panel did nothing. Typical useless Windows application. In any event, how do I restore Internet Explorer, or even connect to the Internet?

915 Posts

August 4th, 2016 11:00

Sounds like IE is not currently installed on your PC.  Perhaps simply go to the Microsoft website and download and install it?

The Microsoft link for Internet Explorer 11.  Note that different "flavors" of it are available--select the version needed for your PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

August 4th, 2016 12:00

It resolved after I undid the System Restore I had performed to try to fix another issue.

However, without IE, there is no way to access the Microsoft Web site.

915 Posts

August 4th, 2016 16:00

Glad it resolved for you!

And good point about needing a browser to begin with, to get to Microsoft to get the download!  I guess one might be able to use a library or friend's computer, or another computer you might have, to get the browser download (assuming that downloads are available, rather than it only being a "direct install"), and then using that download to install onto the problematic computer.

No Events found!