Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2011 11:00

Is XT3 convertible tablet still going to be released? When?

Hi: I saw only one post from February on this issue; apologies if this is somehow a repost. I can't find an answer via Google, either, so I suspect that this is the kind of question that the general public won't be in on, but, since I need  to make my next laptop/tablet purchase soon, I thought I'd ask. The Latitude XT3 seemed almost ready to go in February or April, and a release date of July was being suggested.. Since the, I haven't been able to find any real news or updates. Does anyone know whether it has been pulled from development? Is it still going to be released and, if so, does anyone know when? Thanks for any help.

1 Message

August 2nd, 2011 01:00

Hi Zaphod23

I am waiting on a quote from Dell for this unit, and I expect this in the first 2 weeks of August, so it is imminent.  I do know it won't be cheep.  I have looked at the Lenovo XT220 T in comparison to the XT2 recently, and the Lenovo was unsurprisingly far better being current.  Its only negatives were the stupid glidepad mouse click,  no illuminated keyboard and no USB3.  I think the XT3 will be as good as the Lenovo, but where it will be better than the Lenovo in aspects, it will also loose out in other areas as the Lenovo had a superb display, stylus and keyboard.

Good luck. 

No Events found!