Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2013 13:00

Latitude 10 - Scale to Full Screen

Hi,

I am running some legacy applications on my Latitude 10 tablet and I cannot set the display to scale to full screen. The application I use runs at a resolution of 800x600, normally via the Intel driver options I can set scaling to full screen, but on my tablet the only option is "Center Image". This results in any application that is not native 1366x768 to run with large black bars where the screen space is not used and the application in the middle at 800x600.

I should have an option in the display driver option to stretch to full screen. This works on my regular Windows 7 Dell Laptop, but not on my Windows 8 Latitude 10 tablet. I have the latest drivers and bios update installed on my tablet - DriverVer=01/08/2013, 9.14.3.1130

Thanks, Luke

953 Posts

June 19th, 2013 02:00

Hi Luke,

You have mentioned that you tried to change the resolution using Intel application, have you tried changing the Resolution using Default Windows Options? If not, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Tap and hold any blank space on the Desktop area and then release.
  2. Select “Screen Resolution” from the context menu that appears.
  3. Change the options to obtain desired resolution.
  4. Try opening your Classic Windows app now and check if it fits the screen.

Do reply with results.

47 Posts

June 19th, 2013 06:00

Hi Zohaib,

Thanks for your reply. The issues isn't about changing the resolution, it's about stretching lower resolutions to full screen.

For example, games that run at 800x600 or 1024x768 are not stretched to full screen on the Dell tablet, a black border surrounds the game as it plays in a small square within the screen.

These games automatically change the screen resolution to the lower rate, as that is the way they are designed. On a regular laptop or desktop computer these same games would be stretched to full screen. I am talking about regular Windows x86 applications, not metro apps.

Changing the screen resolution does not change the outcome, as it is changed back to the lower rate once you switch back to the game. The issue is the graphic driver is missing the options for panel fitting- scaling, this is a Dell driver issue and they need to work with Intel to fix it.

Luke

953 Posts

June 20th, 2013 07:00

Hi Luke,

What are the applications that you are facing this problem with? Please provide the names so that I can check for a fix or workaround.

47 Posts

June 20th, 2013 09:00

Hi Zohaib,

The applications I have tried are basically any application that changes the resolution. The JumpStart series, Reader Rabbit series, the DK series (World Explorer or USA Explorer), Oregon Trial - they all run at 640x480 and appear tiny on my tablet, as the resolution isn't stretch to the full screen. You don't need to run the applications - just go into display settings and set the screen resolution to 1024x768 and you will see the black bars on either side of the screen, there is no option to stretch it to fill the screen. There normally is this option with the Intel video drivers and both my Dell desktop and laptop will both just stretch any content to full screen regardless of the resolution.

I would like you to escalate this issue and request that on the next driver or BIOS update that Dell fix this issue if possible.

Thanks, Luke

953 Posts

June 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your comments and bringing this to our notice. We will definitely look for a resolution and post here if we find one. However, I would request you try using these application with any other Windows 8 tablet (if possible).  It has been noted in our records the name and type of the applications and the model number of the tablet. We will contact you in case we need any further information from you.

47 Posts

June 28th, 2013 12:00

Hi Zohaib,

I tried these same application on the Dell XPS 18 Touch with Windows 8 and they work perfectly and scale to full screen without issues.

953 Posts

June 30th, 2013 07:00

Hi Luke,

Thank you for another input. We are working to find a fix for the problem. I request you to private message me the service tag of the system, registered owners name, address, and primary/alternate contact numbers.

To private message, click my user name and click Start conversation.

I would do my best to assist you further.

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

July 26th, 2013 20:00

Dear ZOhaib

I also have the same problem running a point of sale application which was originally designed to work in 800 x 600 but the image doesnt scale up and use the full screen. 

Is there anyway I can force teh tablet / windows to use the full screen when running this resolution. At the moment the 800 x 600 is center imaged.

Thanks

Faz

47 Posts

August 27th, 2013 15:00

Hi ZOhaib,

Were you able to receive an answer from Dell on this issue? After many phone calls they still don't have a solution.

Luke

1 Message

September 8th, 2013 10:00

We too would be interested in this fix. We have an application that ONLY runs at 800x600 and is too small to use on the Latitude 10. Thanks!

February 4th, 2014 09:00

I have the solution for your problem.

1. First find out the graphic card of your laptop, e.g. intel HD 3000, AMD, or Nvidia.

2. Next, download the software accordingly of Intel HD, or AMD, or Nividia,

3. Next install the software and restart the computer

4. Right click the desktop, click the graphic property, or AMD catalytic or Geforce software and go to the option of desktop management

5. click on Full scale option.

6.If full scale option is greyed then first go to resolution and set it on lower resolution, and then click on full scale option (not on centered or not on aspect ratio option.

7 I am sure it will make u smile

8. reply me.

47 Posts

February 4th, 2014 11:00

Hi Sanjay, you do not understand the problem. There is no scale option in the drivers for the Dell Latitude 10. It is not possible to set it to scale full screen, all lower resolutions default to centered with a large black border. This is an issue with the Latitude 10 and Dell knows it is an issue, but they have chosen to ignore the problem (and their customers) and fix it with the release of their Venue Pro 11 tablet.

Thanks, Luke

February 6th, 2014 03:00

hi

I had the same problem in dell inspiron 4010 and I downloaded the amd catalytic software and installed and it had the option. For dell latitude you can go to http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/latitude-10-tablet and download intel chipset driver and install and in the desktop right click and click on graphic property, and on the disply-general setting you can click on the scale full screen. But before doing this first of all go to lower resoulution.

47 Posts

February 6th, 2014 05:00

Sorry but the Latitude 10 is a very different product than the 4010. This is an known issue by Dell, and Dell have decided not to fix it and instead released a totally new product, the Venue Pro 11 that addresses the problem. My understanding is that the issue is due to the graphics engine in this Atom CPU used in the Latitude 10 is based on PowerVR that Intel licenses and so the drivers are extremely limited.

I will state this as fact, there is no scale full screen option for the Latitude 10 Intel driver, none! This is the limitation of the driver and the reason for this thread.

No Events found!