Highlighted
jingle10
1 Copper

Latitude 10 WWAN Limited Connection

With a fleet of these this is driving users insane.  WWAN constantly showing limited connection requiring disconnect and reconnect to 3G.  Staff never had any issues with iPad's always connected which is a pretty basic expectation for any tablet.

With staff having to be constantly dealing with this when meeting customers its far from fit for purpose so probably a legal case for getting a refund on 100 odd machines.

In the meantime Dell have been swapping out WWAN cards, I guess they will just keep swapping them out over and over. Must be costing Dell a fortune sending techs out on a weekly basis.  Its all onsite repairs, but it still takes time away from our staff as well.

If anyone has had any experience with getting a resolution for this problem I would live to hear it.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Han Koh
1 Copper

RE: Latitude 10 WWAN Limited Connection

Hi,

Can you please check if you could still see the problem if you have the following setting?

Go to Device Manager, right click the Mobile Broadband Network Adapter's property to deselect the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in Power Management column?

0 Kudos
jingle10
1 Copper

Going to the adapter properties in device manager, advanced tab, the only option is selective suspend and selective suspend timeout.

The driver and firmware are already the latest from Dell support.

0 Kudos
Han Koh
1 Copper

Can you disable the selective suspend  feature and check again if the problem still persists?

0 Kudos
jingle10
1 Copper

Have done this on half a dozen machines. Mobile Broadband dropouts persist. I don't think I even had a single call about connection issues the whole time we ran the fleet of iPads.
0 Kudos
Han Koh
1 Copper

One more testing for you to confirm this is not caused by the USB selective suspend:

Please do a PING x.x.x.x -t to a IP address via the mobile broadband interface (with a t flag) to keep the device busy and awake at all times to see if the problem still persists.

To really fix this problem, you will need to get your support guy to capture the device firmware and USB logs to understand the root cause.

0 Kudos