Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2016 22:00

Latitude 12 (7275)

I have a latitude 12 (7275) that fails to boot. If I press the on button, it vibrates and the led goes on, but nothing on the screen.

If I try turning on with vol down pressed, the screen goes on solid colour, white, then red, then green,then blue . This happens around 3/4 times, then it powers off.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

November 24th, 2016 01:00

Hi Kickaha 12,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

What is the status of the power button?

Are you able to boot into the BIOS ?

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

4 Posts

November 26th, 2016 15:00

This is a latitude 7275 so is attached to a keyboard, but keyboard it detachable and does not seem to power on when laptop/tablet it powered on, so that I cannot use the F2 key.

When I press the power button, it vibrates the tablet and LED in power button goes on. Then nothing.

When I press the VOL down, and power on, the screen flashes white (full screen), then red, green, blue, back to white. It does this approx 3 times then powers off.

Any ideas?

Thanks for getting back to me.

November 30th, 2016 06:00

Hi Kickaha 12,

Thank you for these details.

I have responded to your private message.

4 Posts

December 1st, 2016 00:00

What is the cost of a motherboard? I am thinking that it was the reason it was on graysonline to start with and it was not initially fixed

4 Posts

December 1st, 2016 00:00

I purchased this from Graysonline. It was supposed to be reconditioned.

www.graysonline.com/.../dell-latitude-12-7275-tablet-black

I was assuming it was fixed. Seems like it was not.

22 Posts

January 5th, 2017 15:00

Hi, we experience this with some of our 7275. Try the below

press and hold on the power and volume down button for 15 seconds.

Then just press on the power button until you get the vibration

you should be able to start the tablet. Also try updating the BIOS. We have found that the latest BIOS 1.1.25 makes it a little bit more stable.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2019 02:00

hola, compré la tablet 7275 de segunda mano. Luego compré teclado tipo libro slim y no funciona el teclado. Alguien sabe a que es debido?

9.4K Posts

July 25th, 2019 10:00

Hi kacike,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

1 Message

March 24th, 2024 21:55

@Kickaha 12​ I'm having this exact issue, how did you fix it

No Events found!