Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2015 13:00

My old Dell Axim X51 PDA

I still use and rely on my old PDA as my extra brain.... I don't loose it, I do loose my phones so do not want to keep anything important (such as passwords, etc) on my phone. 

I recently thought I should probably take a copy of the info on my PDA and store elsewhere so that I could access from my computer should my Axim die.  Come to find out, I'm unable to open the .dbk backup files on my computer.  Suggestions anyone?? 

I have so much info on this thing and it's starting to act up a bit.  I can't afford to loose all this info.  (I have a 2+ year old XPS running Windows 7 Professional)

Thanks!

2.3K Posts

January 17th, 2015 15:00

Hello!  If i remember correctly the Axim ran Windows 5 or 6 for PDAs (windows mobile 5 or 6.x)?  If so there should be a microsoft program called sync for windows portable ... I would google it and download the program and it should back up your stuff to the computer running XP or 7.  When you do type in Windows Mobile 5.x or 6.x backup so it is not confused with windows phone.

Just did a google and this is a great place to start support.microsoft.com/.../815357

No Events found!