Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2013 20:00

No Multi-user profile on Venue 8???

I just received my Venue 8 tablet.  It comes with Android 4.2.2 but does not have the multi-user option.  I've seen other tablets allow this.  Anyone know how I can get this feature to work?

8 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 11:00

Terry.  I have a brand new Venue 8 32G but it is still showing no available updates.  Is there still a roll-out schedule involved?  Is there a server to side load the update?  I want to perform the upgrade before configuring for a work email account that requires encryption, etc.

6 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 11:00

Terry,

That's excellent news.  I'll check it out when I go home for lunch today, that is if I can pry one from one of my daughter's hands.  They absolutely love these things!!! :D  So far I'm super happy I bought these tablets for them.

Thanks,
Rob

No joy.  Powered it off, plugged it in and rebooted just for good measure, it still says that it's up to date.  I'll give it a shot again tomorrow.

39 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 14:00

is it going to be a real full update or just like a patch type update? because i had the update to 4.3 on my previous venue 8 OTA and all i noticed was multiuser option added and thats it, cam still sucked with no real options to change,, no lockscreen shortcuts, etc...and other stuff thats standard in stockish  JB 4.3. if dell would simply release the update.zip on their website rather than a manual ota push, everyone can update their device simultaneously and negin some custom developement on it so at least we wouldnt have to wait weeks apart from user to user. Again this is the norm with other real tablet Manufacturers. And its open source firmware man!!!

26 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 14:00

5:15 eastern and still so update.  Losing hope that it will happen today.

1 Message

January 2nd, 2014 17:00

Please let us know as soon as you can. We bought this tablet for my elderly parents to use to communicate and play games when out and about.  We thought we would have separate user accounts.  My mom just broke her hip and has been in rehab since just before Christmas.  We wasted a week already with everyone and his brother trying to find out why we can't get a second account set up.  My mom has her laptop at the hospital and we were going to have my father Skype her, but NO CAN DO!  The machine was set up with my Mom's info and it will not let us change it to him. So stupid and so incredibly disappointing that my 80 year old Dad can't see my mom's face.  FRUSTRATING.  Please help Dell!!!!!  I wanted my parents to be able to toggle back and forth for their personal settings / accounts (e.g., fb, Pogo, emails, Skype), and now I'm finding out we can't do this AND wasted a week of everyones' time trying.  

26 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 11:00

Message sent.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 11:00

I am sorry to read that you are all still unable to download 4.3.I would like for all of see if you can download 4.3 and if you still find that no updates are available by the end of the week message me directly. Just click on the link in my signature. If you have troubles messaging me just post here and I will send you a friend request.  This way I will have an exact number to present to Dell engineering.

To my knowledge the 4.3 update should be available for all Venue 7 and 8 customers.

TB

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 12:00

Still no update.  Attempted on a fully charged, plugged-in unit with strong WiFi signal.  Still no update as of 3:14pm on Friday, 1/3/14.

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 15:00

I returned my Venue 8 because of several problems, but I was able to get it to update before I returned it.

One of you may want to try resetting the tablet to factory defaults. It just takes a minute or two and will return it to the way it came from Dell. Then when it comes back up, go through the short setup routine and then run the update... and you should get 4.3.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 16:00

Hi Terry,

I have a Venue 8 and I'm also unable to upgrade to 4.3.  Please let me know if there is a manual solution I can try.

Thanks,

Michael

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 17:00

I just tried both of our tablets, Venue 8 and Venue 7... they still aren't updating. I will keep trying

2 Posts

Still not working.  Returning mine Monday

6 Posts

8:00PM EST and I still have not been able to download 4.3.  I've tried everything.

Regards,

-Rich

39 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 19:00

I am sorry to read that you are all still unable to download 4.3.I would like for all of see if you can download 4.3 and if you still find that no updates are available by the end of the week message me directly. Just click on the link in my signature. If you have troubles messaging me just post here and I will send you a friend request.  This way I will have an exact number to present to Dell engineering.

To my knowledge the 4.3 update should be available for all Venue 7 and 8 customers.

TB

why isnt the engineering dept directly communicating with us? surely they can find 5 mins to write a update on WTF is going on? We paid good money for these tablets and to get multiple issues without a fix is just ridiculous!

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 19:00

Terry:  Still no luck.  Also, the Dell site advertises the Netgear Push2TV as an accessory.  I purchased my Dell Venue because I have Push2TV, but it does not work with Android 4.2.2 on my Venue as there is no "Wireless Display" option in the display settings.  Will it work with the 4.3 update?  Nobody at tech support can answer the question (they won't even admit that 4.3 will be available despite the fact that all Venue 8 units sold in Canada ship with 4.3).  If Dell does not include the Wireless Display with 4.3 I will need to return my Venue anyway.

No Events found!