Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2010 07:00

No OTA updates available in UK yet.

Contrary to some info on the web and DELL's 2.2 update announcement, version 2.2 update for the streak is not available yet and they cannot even give an ETA of when it will be available. Like most of you i have been waiting for the update notification with great anticipation. I have an unlocked device so works with any carrier and was expecting the OTA update post the announcement made on the 15th. After not receiving anything under updates i got in touch with DELL who said that they had no "knowledge" of the announcement and that version 2.2 was not available in the UK or any other country for that matter. They could not tell me any more than that.

Dell certainly dropped the ball on this one!

28 Posts

November 18th, 2010 07:00

are you surprised of this situation.....not me......definitively will switch soon to an other brand.....there is lack of seriousness at all levels

2 Posts

November 18th, 2010 09:00

I am actually, My company is a big customer of DELL's Enterprise server products and we have never had issue in that domain, however i was naive to think that their effort and commitment in one product would be mirrored in other products. We probably should have seen this comming DELL have not been shouting loud enough about this device, marketing has been mediocre to say the least and you probably already heard about the build complaints, only reason i got to know about it is becasue i'm a regular visitor to their site looking for server updates. I was considering rolling these out for users at my company.

It aint gonna happen!

34 Posts

November 18th, 2010 13:00

I'm particularly irritated by this situation because I expected nothing more, I anticipated it and still got stung.

I liked the Streak but didn't buy one because I was worried Dell weren't serious about supporting Android because they released a 1.6 device months after 2.1 & 2.2 were available. I was waiting for the HTC Desire HD but when I read that 2.1 had been released for the Streak I ordered one.

But Dell tricked me and pulled that (very buggy) update without releasing it beyond O2 customers so I'm stuck in exactly the position I didn't want to be in.

What's worse than the 2.2 update not happening (anywhere in the world) when it was supposed to is that here on this forum where it was announced there's been absolute silence from Dell, no explanation, no apology not even a an update to the post announcing the 'roll-out'. It still says the roll-out will begin on 15 November.

The lack of information is a disgrace, I have called all the people I bragged to about the streak and warned them not to buy one.

No Events found!