Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2013 13:00

Not charing

What a catastrophe. Dell really had a shot at making an impact with this tablet, but just as so many have complained, my Dell Venue Pro Win 8 tablet won't charge one day after I purchased it. AND YES, I am using the Dell USB charger and cable. I tried calling them, it had to be one of the worst customer support call I've ever had to endure in my life, they were asking me for Express Service tags and other questions I had not idea on how to answer them (an Express service tag...WTF?, i just bought the tablet yesterday!!!), then they replied they couldn't help me. Dell is honestly deserving of bankruptcy. Any company who is a pariah to society has no place in it. They take away from people, they do not add value. Whoever at Dell came up with the Express Service tag concept needs to be fired. Apparently providing the Model number is not good enough.

16 Posts

November 30th, 2013 13:00

Look for the sticker that is on the box.  Number should be there.

2 Posts

December 1st, 2013 21:00

Didn't keep the box. 

1 Message

January 31st, 2014 20:00

Didn't keep the box. 

There is a sticker along the edge of the device with the number the Dell Support was asking you.  Did you give them a chance to explain where you would locate that?  Every Dell Desktop, Laptop and Tablet has one.

1 Message

February 1st, 2014 06:00

The Service Tag is on the "bottom" edge of the Venue 8.  There is a scan tag, then the letters ST followed by what is actually the Service Tag.  Underneath that is some other number preceded by EX.  But at least you should be able to find the service tag.  Mine stopped charging last night...after a month of light use.  Guess I will have to call them too.

No Events found!