Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2013 20:00

Pro 8 SD card disconnect

Hello, have any one experienced the SD card disconnect from the pro 8?

I am not sure if there is a physical problem or a software problem

What I have observed

Disconnect = it becomes unavailable on the tablet as if it was not inserted in the SD slot.

With the dell case, it gets disconnect. The case is very tight,  it's hard to think that physically the card moved and got pushed out of the slot.

Without the case the same happens.

Workaround is to remove and reinsert the SD card. This is a pain with the case on as it is hard to remove the tablet from the case and the inconvenience to be removing and reinsert the SD card to get it to work again.

Thoughts?

Thank you

1 Message

January 2nd, 2014 16:00

I have been noticing the same thing lately. It is a pain to have to reseat the card all the time, especially when I needed to move the file storage location, so now skydrive, documents, etc, always tell me the drive doesn't exist when I go to use them. A fix for this would be nice.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 10:00

I'm really starting to think it may be a hardware issue as a reboot does not fix it :(   the only way to fix it is to eject and re-insert the SD card..  which is a pain in the.. with the case

1 Message

January 9th, 2014 07:00

I'm having the same issue with my Dell Venue 8 Pro.  I'm using the sandisk 64gb micro sd class 10 ultra card and it worked in my Surface RT and Surface 2.  I then moved the card to Dell Venue 8 Pro and it keeps disconnecting.  I agree it is a pain to remove from the Dell made case to pop out and reinsert to get it to register.  I'm reaching a point where I will have to take it back before my 90 days is up.

1 Message

March 25th, 2014 18:00

I am encountering the same issue. Big pain. Any resolution to this yet?

1 Message

July 8th, 2014 19:00

I am also experiencing this problem .

1 Message

August 25th, 2014 23:00

I have the same problem, using a Kingston 64gb card.

1 Message

December 3rd, 2014 08:00

I have the same issue ... it resets/disconnects at least several times weekly.

8 Posts

April 4th, 2016 04:00

same Problem venue 10

915 Posts

April 4th, 2016 11:00

With Win8.1 and a Patriot or PNY 64GB or 128GB microSD card, I think I've had about 1 inadvertent disconnect a year . . . .  Issue corrected by reseating the card.

14 Posts

April 5th, 2016 23:00

I had the same problems using a SanDisk 128GB card. Formatting it to exFAT didn't help in my case. What solved the problem for me was uninstalling the SD Card reader's driver (under USB-Controller) in the device manager and then reinstalling it as 'Generic USB Hub'. >

8 Posts

April 6th, 2016 19:00

i am going to try that, 

thanks for the tip

mike

No Events found!