Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2016 05:00

Problem with new windows update

I have venue 11pro.  After this big windows update, my toolbar at the bottome is now about two inches wide and I can see no setting to change it.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Also, I notice that it doesn't recognize my camera anymore.  When I try to use it, it basically says I don't have one. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I just fixed the toolbar but the camera is a no go.

10 Posts

October 7th, 2016 06:00

thanks Robin, I tired both of those places but I don't see any type of camera device.  I am going to install the atom drivers again from the Dell site and see if this reinstalls them, thanks

10 Posts

Well reinstalling the drivers did nothing.  I did find the camera drivers under "system devices"  I uninstalled them and rebooted which did nothing.  Where can I find drivers for the cameras?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would suggest you to try the following steps to check if the camera works.

To see if the driver roll back option is applicable, you first need to check your driver version.  To do this:

1-Right click (or for touch first devices tap and hold) the Windows button in the taskbar.  A Menu should pop up.  Select “Device Manager” from the Menu

2-In the device manager window, find “Imaging Devices” and expand it by clicking the ‘>’ to the left (NOTE: In Windows 10, some cameras/webcams may show up under “Sound, video and game controllers

3-When you find your camera/webcam in the list, right click on it and select “Properties.” From this “General” tab, note your camera driver manufacturer and model. You can use this information to contact your camera manufacturer should you need an updated driver

4-In the “Properties” dialog box, select the “Driver” tab.

5-Click the “Driver Details” Button.  .  If you see entries in the dialog box below other than “…\usbvideo.sys” or “…\ksthunk.sys”, rolling back the driver may address the issue.  Click, “OK”, then continue to the section “Rolling Back USB Camera Drivers”. Note: If your camera driver lists “stream.sys” as an entry, your camera driver was designed before Windows 7 and will not work with modern camera applications. Contact your manufacturer for an updated driver. ( download the driver from the Dell site as per system model.

Or

Roll back driver also update the same to the latest drivers.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address also let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 10th, 2016 10:00

Hi Nate,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly private message the service tag of the system along with you email address so that we can check and provide you with the link for the drivers.

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2016 08:00

Hi Nate,

We are waiting to hear from you. Kindly let us know if the issue is resolved else private message the service tag .

Thanks

Robin

10 Posts

October 11th, 2016 13:00

I don't have a service tag, I could use a driver that fixes my camera though, thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 11th, 2016 14:00

10 Posts

October 11th, 2016 15:00

my service number is D8317Z1,  thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 12th, 2016 10:00

Hi Nate,

Thank you for the details.

Kindly click on the link below which will give all the drivers :

www.dell.com/.../advanced

Thanks

Robin

10 Posts

October 12th, 2016 10:00

Thanks for the link.  Which one would have the driver for my camera.  I think I have already installed some of these.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 13th, 2016 10:00

Hi Nate,

This is the link for the only the camera.

Please click on the link www.dell.com/.../en

If there are any issues kindly get back to us.

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 14th, 2016 09:00

Hi Nate,

Kindly let us know if the link helped and if the issue has been resolved .

Thanks

Robin

480 Posts

October 16th, 2016 17:00

Regarding the 2" wide tool bar.  You should be able to just position the mouse pointer at the top of the toolbar at which point it turns into up/down arrows.  Then left click, and drag it down to size.

10 Posts

October 17th, 2016 04:00

Thanks, It never would show me any software downloads after registration so I just reinstalled the system drivers for the umpteenth time and there it was!  thanks

October 17th, 2016 05:00

Hi nate39,

Thank you for confirming this.

Do reach back to us if you have any query.

No Events found!