Highlighted
2 Bronze

Purchased the Venue 11 Pro 5130 but Dell Service Tag says Venue 11 Pro 7130 and Dell will not fix this.

Does DELL actually read these forums???????

My DELL Venue 11 Pro service number is not correct with the system that I have. I have heard that this is a common problem and I need to get it fixed.........................

I need to know what or if they are going to do anything about the wrong service tag number for my Venue 11 Pro. Even in the manual it says to update the BIOS or other drivers to enter your service tag. I know I can find them manually but this is NOT what I paid for. Anytime I want to see if there are any updates for my drivers I have to manually check each driver date in my system and then compere them with the ones online. I would like to hear from a DELL rep that knows about this problem and also knows what he or she is talking about. I have already talked with a few different people on the phone and the last person said to email them back after they emailed me and told me to send a copy of my invoice and a screenshot from the MyDell program on my system. I did this and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!! Please could someone from DELL get back to me on this problem. If they can't get this straightened out then they should send me a new one that is set up right.

Thanks,
Ron

PS.  If you have a Venue 11 Pro and the service tag is not right, PLEASE leave a comment here and also let DELL know that you will not stand for this error.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Purchased the Venue 11 Pro 5130 but Dell Service Tag says Venue 11 Pro 7130 and Dell will not fix this.

I guess DELL does not read these forums or they just don't care since there is no responce.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RE: Purchased the Venue 11 Pro 5130 but Dell Service Tag says Venue 11 Pro 7130 and Dell will not fix this.

I have the exact same issue. In addition, our keyboard will not work on this tablet but works just fine on two other venue 11 pro tablets..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Still never heard back from Dell. I guess they just don't care about their customers. I had a keyboard that did not work after the first week. I got an exchange from the vender that I got it from and my second one works most of the time. I have found out that if the battery in the keyboard go's completely dead you have to charge the keyboard by itself for about 20 minutes then connect the tablet and charge the rest of the way with the tablet connected to the keyboard. Also make sure to wiggle the tablet a little while connecting the keyboard to make sure that it is seated right. There have been problems with keyboards not re-connecting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I picked up a Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 of Amazon 3rd party seller marked *NEW DELL OUTLET* on the box.   This was supposed to be a new item.  Looked brand new (no screw marks, packaging no signs of tape tampering..ect). 

The service tag does not match and reports the devices as 7130 despite what the bios says.   The device is also supposedly already registered under another name so I'm waiting to see if a transfer happens in the next week to find out what exactly is going on here.

The other weird part is that it has a mobile card installed on it, which I don't think is a normal option either.

Dell won't tell me until the title transfers what was modified or changed.

If anything I'm just curious what is going on, but I think I'll be returning it to Amazon just because I'm afraid this is going to cause complications with the *dell warranty* which is already a pain in the but to get honored.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Well it looks like I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING made by Dell again. I guess if they keep responding to service questions like they do they will be out of business shortly anyway. It is hard to believe that no one has answered anybodies questions on the forum. I guess they just don't care. In this day and age SERVICE is they key to keeping customers coming back. I know problems can exist with products but if you can't even recognize a problem and get back to a customer it is time for this company to no longer exist. I know I am not the only one that feels this way.

Thanks a lot Dell....... FOR NOTHING...........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

I may be able to help. If you have a Venue 11 tablet that appears not to have the correct service tag and haven't received any help please send me a private message with the service tag of the tablet and your contact information and I will be happy to look into this.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Edit/Change Dell Service Tag; Dell Venue 11 Pro (all models) - Dell Command Suit

Hello Terry,

I have several Venue tablets that have incorrect Service Tags. Many moons ago, I was able to edit/change the Service Tag on a Venue tablet, using the Dell Command Suite. However, I have attempted this on my tablets recently and it is not possible. I have spent many, many days looking online through the Dell forums, Google searches and YouTube videos. I have seen posts on the Dell forum about this problem but no one has provided a solution. As the Service Tag has been changed, by an unknown entity, it must be possible to change it back to the factory default!

I am using version 4.2.1 and the GUI option following the Dell instructions:

"Create Local System Package" >edit. 

Under System Summary> SvcTag I see the Service Tag as <Service Tag removed> this has been changed (obviously) but if I select the field, I have a drop-down box that is not editable.

I have also tried older versions of the Dell Command Suite, but to no avail.

NB It is possible, and easy, to change the Asset Tag! As you can imagine, it is extremely frustrating having the tool to change the Service Tag, but not being able to get it to work. The obvious problems that this causes are the ability for automatic recognition by the Dell Support Website, to check for BIOS and driver updates and to run Dell diagnostics.

I would really appreciate your kind help and support on this topic. 

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

I wanted to add an update. Dell is working on the website to make sure that Venue 11 5130 tablets show up correctly. If you have noticed that your 5130 tablets are showing as a 7130 tablet tech support is able to determine the correct build for these tablets and if needed suggest the correct parts for any services. I am sorry for the inconvenience and if you need help with tech support or drivers please feel free to post here or message me directly and I will be happy to help out.

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos