Bobmitmen
3 Argentium

Question about Windows Keyboard not popping up automatically Venue Pro 11 (5130)

Jump to solution
Once I first connected my slim keyboard to my tablet, the on screen keyboard doesn't automatically pop up when I am trying to fill in a form or search, with the slim not connected. I have to bring up the task bar and touch the keyboard icon in the tray. Is this normal???
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Question about Windows Keyboard not popping up automatically Venue Pro 11 (5130)

Jump to solution

Are you in desktop mode or modern (metro) mode?   The keyboard only auto-populated in the modern interface by design.   If you are in the desktop mode, you'll need to manually hit the keyboard option to pop up the keyboard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Question about Windows Keyboard not popping up automatically Venue Pro 11 (5130)

Jump to solution

Are you in desktop mode or modern (metro) mode?   The keyboard only auto-populated in the modern interface by design.   If you are in the desktop mode, you'll need to manually hit the keyboard option to pop up the keyboard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Bobmitmen
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
I am using the Metro interface, but for example, when I do a search on the charms bar, I have to manually bring the keyboard up to use it. If I am in Internet Explorer and want to type a url, I have to manually bring up the keyboard. Guess when I am in IE, it must be desktop mode, correct?
0 Kudos
Bobmitmen
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
Based on what you said, I tried Internet Explorer Metro mode and turned off my Bluetooth Mouse, and the keyboard did pop up. I much prefer the IE in Desktop mode, so you did answer my question... Thank You
0 Kudos