Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2014 16:00

Slow IE Browser on Dell Venue 8 Pro??

is it me or the IE browser while has many great functions, it is super slow? even when just returning to a previously opened page it would lag. My mom's ipad2 is night and day when it comes to browsing speed.

do you all have the same issue? if so, how do you fix it? I doubt it's the hardware

214 Posts

January 27th, 2014 07:00

Can try Quit/Relaunch to clear (some) cached info & turn-off Flash in  Control Panel (that's often why iPad/Safari runs faster).

May also look for any speed dif. with latest Firefox & Chrome on same pages loading slowly in IE...

(No, I do not have same issue)

January 28th, 2014 06:00

Ok let me clarify. The desktop ie is fine but the metro ie is slow. To further provide the context, loading Web pages is fine, but when you go back and forth with pages (say,  hit the back button to go to the precious page)  the loading time is quite slow.  Anyone else experience that or has a fix? 

25 Posts

January 28th, 2014 10:00

It has to do with how pages are cached in the Metro/Modern IE implementation, and is a long-term gripe with those who use it.    There are plenty of threads on MS's support forums with people griping about the issue, my hope is they come out with a fix sometime in the near future.   You could have the most powerful PC in the world and it's still slow.  

214 Posts

January 28th, 2014 12:00

OK, I tried the Metro trainwreck-browser, and it seemed appropriately 'brisk' while darting back 'n' forth between pages. Some sites don't allow caching, so that might be affecting your experience; if you'd care to post some URLs that demonstrate the affliction, and don't require a secure login, I'll test 'em & report back...

(great handle, btw)

January 28th, 2014 15:00

In my experience, it's consistently slow from slate. Com to forums. Yep, it's got nothing to do with the pc power as the desktop browser works flawlessly but sucks for mobile, tablet. Hopefully ms gets the msg and fix it soon. Honestly, we should get paid For doing QA for ms

214 Posts

January 28th, 2014 16:00

OK then — sorry I couldn't help...

No Events found!