Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DC

August 5th, 2013 08:00

Soft touch case with extended battery.

Hi all, a real simple question. Does there exist a Dell soft touch case for the latitude 10 with an extended battery. Can't seem to find one listed anywhere. Can someone shed any light on this one please?

36 Posts

August 5th, 2013 10:00

Well the Dell Soft Touch case for Lat 10 with 2 cell battery is a bit pointless, as I'm specifically looking for a Dell one for the 4 cell extended battery.

Looking at the Survivor, the pictures on the Dell site seem to suggest that it doesn't have a panel cover to protect the screen, which makes it a bit pointless, also the "stand" looks pretty pants.

Can you confirm whether there is a specific Dell product for the Lat 10 with extended battery? You make a specific one for a Lat 10 with the security features.

2.6K Posts

August 6th, 2013 08:00

Hello Doug Clark,

Griffin Survivor case is the only one I could find at Dell website for Latitude 10 with 4 cell extended battery. These cases are made by different manufacturers.You may check if this meets your requirements. I would also request you to check with the local store if the case for Latitude 10 with extended battery is available.

36 Posts

August 6th, 2013 12:00

I can't find a case in the accessories section of either the UK or US sites that mentions a case for the extended battery version. In fact if I spec a latitude 10 with the extended battery, the web site gives me the option of selecting a soft touch case, but you have to check the fine print of the item to find that the case is only for the standard battery model. Which is a bit naughty that the site will sell me a case that won't fit.

Anyhow, given that I can't find anything on the web site as a case accessory for my Lat 10 I'm hoping that there is a Dell expert on here that knows for sure what is available from Dell. As I mentioned, looking at the pictures of the Griffin it looks a bit rubbish to me, and in fact I have bought their products before and been decidedly underwhelmed with the quality.

Does someone have any further information?

No Events found!