Whiskey Papa
1 Copper

Re: Streak 2.2 Upgrade and Sync

Dell Mobile Sync, eh? Yet another bit of software that takes forever to open (on a quad core machine) and then spends the rest of the day organising ALL photos I've taken over the last ten years (many gigabites). Why does every manufacturer provide software that does this? On my machine at present I've got printer and photo editing software doing this; Windows itself does this, my old Nokia software is still doing this, and now the Dell version has joined the queue. A phone is a transitory device which will be changed next year, so all I want is to be able to download photos from phone to computer and not have this software attempt to take over my life. Does it in fact synchronise contacts? Don't answer, I've lost the will...

0 Kudos

The key for me once I learned about the widget (thank you! so much for that) is the sequence. 

1) Start app on computer.

2) Start widget on Streak.

3) Connect Streak cable

oh yeah, lots of waiting mixed in there too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HC_50
1 Copper

Hi there!

I am impressed that (some of you) actually got Dell Mobility Sync by Nero installed on your PC's.

I have downloaded ( took more than an hour with the knucklebrain DELL download manager - untill I eventually read and understood the DELL instructions on how to circumvent the knucklebrain DELL download manager ) "if it works - don't fix it" so why would Dell bother to invent their own (dysfunctional) download mgr. sw???

After the installation: there is no Dell folder, no Nero folder with any backup app installed on my win 7 - 64bit desktop.

Running Froyo 2.2 - updated from O2 / U.K.

I do backups to the micro-sd card, though.

Anybody got any idea why there is no Dell / Nero app in windows?

I have the widget with the green/red slider on th eStreak - but no app on Win7.

(Garmin managed to solve this elegantly w. a 1-button solution on my IQ3600 3,8" touchscreen PDA/GPS 8 years ago.)

Best regards from Hans

Working as Performance Testing Manager in IT. Using my Dell Streak as GPS, Mail client, News Reader, Book reader, Music Video and plain music player plus a few videos and photos on the go. And then as a phone 🙂 Just installed Skype - and SkypeOut seems to work OK - a little broken up, though.

0 Kudos
drewesq
1 Copper

So I would like to know why this software isn't free???

iTunes is free (and better by a mile).

You would expect that if you had paid all this money for a device then the software to sync (it fully) would be free.....

Come on Dell... why isn't this free???

0 Kudos