Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2011 04:00

Streak 5 daily reboots

Every morning at roughly 9AM local time, my Streak 5 reboots on its own. I'm assuming this is carrier pushed, but I don't know for sure. 

At any rate, in the past fifteen days, the results of this morning reboot have turned ugly. Factory format/reboots on two occasions. I'm not sure whom I've angered to get these results, but I'm getting a little stabby with each passing day. 

Is there a way to STOP these reboots? My workplace becomes a faraday cage the more central in the building I am, so my guess is - I have sufficient signal to receive the morning update, the phone reboots, fully expecting new info upon power on, at which point I'm in a dead zone, the phone doesn't know what to do, so it recovers to Factory Fresh.

I must admit, the Streak 5 is a tough little brick of a phone. After the second Factory reset, things turned ugly and there was a few minutes of hardcore phone abuse. To my surprise and annoyance, the phone was undamaged. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Either that, or watch for me in the news...

1 Message

November 18th, 2011 07:00

I have the exact same problem. My dell streak 5 decides that it'll re-boot. This mainly happens when I'm on facebook chat or the internet in general. I'm getting rather annoyed as it's been happening on and off for a month now. Unfortunately I don't fall under warrenty as it was only valid for 12 months. After 13 months it started re-booting constantly through-out the day. I'm dissapointed with Dell. Not only for making such a bitter-sweet product but for only having a product which dissapointingly only has a 12 month warranty.

I'd advise that Dell increases their warranty to 18-24 months (standard). I was a great lover of Dell products until this happened but rather sadly, I have no choice but to move further-a-field in my next mobile purchase. Great initial bang but the after taste left a sour taste in my mouth with the Streak 5 due to this major re-booting issue

November 19th, 2011 17:00

i need help i can not restore my contacts. could anybody tell me what to do.

No Events found!