Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2011 01:00

Streak 7 - so slow!

Hi

My Streak 7 seems to be so slow at doing anything when it is on WIFI. I am using my laptop on the same WIFI connection and that seems to be operating fine and at aa goos speed, so dont understand whats up with the Streak. Emails don't refresh and when I do try to refresh them, I get a message saying the connection to the server has been lost, although the WIFI icon is still showing that is connected.

I hav red about the upgrade to Honeycomb, so am trying to download that now to see if that will help. So far it has done 1% in 20 minutes! I appreciate its a big file - but is it really supposed to be that slow?

Any other ideas. Apologies for my lame questions but I am no techno wizz and am so far feeling very disappointed with my purchase. Any advice on how to love it as much as many other forum users seem t, would be apprecaited!

Thanks in advance.

172 Posts

December 29th, 2011 08:00

I suggest you use your pc to download it and then put it into an external sd card to upgrade, or transfer it onto your ds7 after your download.  If you are on Froyo, you can connect your ds7 into pc and it will be recognized as a usb drive. That way you don't have to wait.

On a different note, have you tried doing a factory reset to see if this will resolve your problem?

2 Posts

December 30th, 2011 01:00

Thanks Otnos. I will try the factory reset first of all. I read that if you do ugrade to Honeyomb you can no longer use the streak as a USB drive. Is that correct?

172 Posts

December 30th, 2011 06:00

Yes and no, yes Honeycomb does NOT support USB as mass storage drive, but it does support MTP. This will only be a problem if you are using Win XP, because Win XP does not support MTP. However, Win 7 does support MTP. When you plug the DS7 into a Win 7 machine, instead of a USB drive, Win 7 will recognize the DS7 as a Media drive, so you can still transfer file to and from the DS7.

No Events found!