ChrisHarvey
1 Nickel

Re: Streak Froyo OTA Update for O2 Customers

Hello Amy!

As a previously frustrated streak owner after the 2.1 upgrade and sync issue, it's only fair to come back on a say job done!

Sailed through the update process, had to reboot a couple of times to get the back-up completed but I think that was to do with screen time-out issues. Fixed that and it worked first time after.  Like the speed and new keyboard. Will be deleting the stage UI, mostly because I got very used to launching everything off just about one screen with Multicon (which is the best app ever) But thanks to you and the Dell team for making it seamless this time.  I can now watch flash and have full functionaility of the internet in my pocket. Awesome!

Chris

0 Kudos
jasonrstreak
6 Indium

Glen

While this is happening,press and hold the 2 volume buttons together,hopefully a menu should come up with one of the options being FACTORY RESET. Use the volume UP button to highlight it and the PRESS THE CAMERA BUTTON.  Should rest itself to reboot.

0 Kudos
thestreaker
1 Nickel

I have the same problem on my O2 Streak since upgrading yesterday evening from 2.1 (used the official upgrade, from settings / phone / system update).

When it came back up the display was upside down (so I need to hold it with USB socket to top for the display to be the right way around). I thought it was stuck there, but switching off auto-rotate flipped it back the right way, but now I have no portrait mode.

Experimenting today switching auto-rotate back on - it starts upside down, sometimes with a lot of shaking I can get it to portrait mode (only succeeded a few times), but trying to get it from portrait mode to landscape the correct way around usually fails, about 90% of the time it flips from portrait to upside down landscape even when the phone is carefully held with the top of the phone uppermost. i.e. it doesn't rotate to portrait as easily as before, and it tends to flip from portrait to upside down quite easily.

I posted about his to the O2 blog http://blog.o2.co.uk/home/2010/12/froyo-for-dell-streak-is-here.html, where they ask for comments on the upgrade (a perfectly polite post, asking what to do about this) but it hasn't appeared. Perhaps the moderator only allows expressions of pleasure rather than polite questions about problems...

0 Kudos
Phil.A
6 Indium

Oh, how Dell can't take criticism on their updates...

To quote Amy's post:
If you are an O2 Streak customer, please post here with any feedback on the Froyo update

My post which I gave my feedback (good and bad) was deleted because it "violates the Dell Community Terms Of Use" - apparently that Terms Of Use must say "never say anything bad about a Dell product EVER", or "never suggest how to help other Dell users, because we know best"

It's actions like this that drive Dell customers away - especially the Streak owners, because your "customer support" for it has been laughable at best!

Moderators: If this post is deleted, you will lose a Dell customer FOREVER! Amy wanted feedback, so I gave it!

0 Kudos
rayyrayy
1 Copper

Hi amy i tryed the link you posted and can i have everything works fine for me as 02 uk

so my front camera has not came back like its done to some other but thats not a big bother for me,

its faster and to be honest it looks better..

so far i havent found any thing wrong with it as i have had a good play around with it

so thumbs up i like it and its all fine

0 Kudos
julian5haw
1 Copper

performed the OTA update on wednesday

worked like a dream kept all my apps and looks brilliant

I love the dell widgets but if you dont like them just remove them and clutter up your screen as it was before

0 Kudos
rotjeknoruk
1 Copper

Hi Amy

I updated OTA this morning (from 1.6, I never installed the 2.1) and backed up as well.  I am getting an error message which I can't get rid off:

'system exception' with the buttons Quit, Copy to SDCard and Report by LOTA.

If I hit any of these there is another error message underneath 'Sorry! The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try gain'  with the button 'force close'  When i hit 'force close' the first error message comes back.   I have this all the time and interferes badly with using the streak.  I've rebooted and taken the battery out but it doens't help. 

How can this be fixed?  

Thanks

Renee

0 Kudos
rotjeknoruk
1 Copper

Never mind, Looks like I solved the problem by using the factory reset proposed earlier for another problem. 

0 Kudos
rayyrayy
1 Copper

it really dose look good dosen't it 😄 BEEN WAITING SOME TIME!!

0 Kudos
thestreaker
1 Nickel

Well I take it back about the O2 blog - they have now approved my posting! Maybe their moderator had a day off yesterday or was snowbound or something...

However, no suggestions to resolve the rotate issue. Seems not everyone has it (so is it a hardware fault with the accelerometer?) but there a few others besides the two of us here (e.g. google found http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-streak/24623-screen-rotation-issue-after-o2-official-update.html)

So is it hardware or software? Suggestions for fix?

0 Kudos